Note to New Members ×

Any predictions for "Le Tour"?

AaronG

Well, it appears the rift between Alberto and Lance has been nullified by Albertos performance in the mtns. Lance has announced that he will be riding in support of Alberto, which I am glad to see. Let someone else share the limelight.

On the same note though did anyone catch the amazing bridge that Lance performed today to catch up to the Yellow Jersey. He put the hammer down on one of the steeper portions of the climb today and reeled in the top climbers in the world like it was nothing.

What about the crash of Jens Voigt today, OOUUCCHH!! estimated speed was 80 kph. To have the bars jerked out of your hands and hit the ground at that speed. Fortunately, he is on the mend at a local hospital with a broken cheekbone and lots of road rash. He slid forever on the asphalt.

I think we might see a 1-2 finish for Astana in Paris if Lance can take that aggresive riding onto Mt Ventoux. Lets hope Lance rolls in the ITT coming up.

Can the Schlecks TT?

One word, NO! I expect Lance to make up the time that he lost on the TT, same holds true for Andreas Kloden. It would be cool to see Astana go 1-2-3.. It would be the first time since 1914 that all three top spots were shared by the same team.

I think Lemond has also asserted that bumble bees can't fly, astronauts never landed on the moon, that KFC is not actually chicken, Mikey was indeed killed by pop rocks and coke, Jim Morrison and Elvis are alive and living in Mexico, and that 9/11 was a CIA operation.

Lemond was an amazing amazing cyclist, and has the right to be skeptical based on cyclings history of drug use and cheating, but he has some serious issues that I think has left him a very bitter, angry and paranoid person, which I think is sad.

• 1 year later...
I think Lemond has also asserted that bumble bees can't fly, astronauts never landed on the moon, that KFC is not actually chicken, Mikey was indeed killed by pop rocks and coke, Jim Morrison and Elvis are alive and living in Mexico, and that 9/11 was a CIA operation.

Lemond was an amazing amazing cyclist, and has the right to be skeptical based on cyclings history of drug use and cheating, but he has some serious issues that I think has left him a very bitter, angry and paranoid person, which I think is sad.

I think the evolution of the Lance case is just making me want to up this topic....(it looks my first "naughty" post was not far from reality....)

anyway summer's here almost, and the new doped teams are going to be rolling the tour in a month! Can't wait!

N.

I think the evolution of the Lance case is just making me want to up this topic....(it looks my first "naughty" post was not far from reality....)

anyway summer's here almost, and the new doped teams are going to be rolling the tour in a month! Can't wait!

N.

LOL, nice resurrection. BTW, just to clarify, if it isn't obvious, my comment was not in regards to Lance's innocence or guilt, but more to Lemond's demeanor.

And since we are back on this topic, if you ever have a chance to watch video of the 1985 and 1986 tour I recommend watching it. You will see Lemond and Hinault destroying the pack in the mountain stages by time differentials of 10 to 20 minutes. If that doesn't leave you questioning whether a guy like Lemond or Hinault would participate in questionable activities, well,......but Lemond never tested positive so by Lance's logic no one could ever question Lemond of doping either.

Seraph: gotcha, i got it that it was on Lemond's...

I just wish Lance could just step forward and admit he has been cheating all these years instead of pretending not...and also would like to see the newspapers that tried for years to destroy the anti dope labs reputation in order to protect the 'Master' reaction.... of course they will just turn their heels on Lance and call him a cheater and they knew it etc...

The system is pretty much ****ed up: Pro newspapers will not destroy the hand that feeds them ( advertising) by critizing the pro-rider they promote etc...the same **** happens in all specialized mags whatever the field they cover...

Lemond and Hinault were also, as most bikers from the 80's and up, full charged...Yes will check that 85-86 tour...always impressive to see what chemistry does to a body when done.

N.

Seraph: gotcha, i got it that it was on Lemond's...

I just wish Lance could just step forward and admit he has been cheating all these years instead of pretending not...and also would like to see the newspapers that tried for years to destroy the anti dope labs reputation in order to protect the 'Master' reaction.... of course they will just turn their heels on Lance and call him a cheater and they knew it etc...

The system is pretty much ****ed up: Pro newspapers will not destroy the hand that feeds them ( advertising) by critizing the pro-rider they promote etc...the same **** happens in all specialized mags whatever the field they cover...

Lemond and Hinault were also, as most bikers from the 80's and up, full charged...Yes will check that 85-86 tour...always impressive to see what chemistry does to a body when done.

N.

Welcome to the Desert of the Real.

I hear Indurain has been on a good doping program for the last year. I hear he is going to come ride 'Le Tour' as a one man team to see if he can get another win and then another one next year to tie Mr. Armstrong with 7 titles.

I hear Indurain has been on a good doping program for the last year. I hear he is going to come ride 'Le Tour' as a one man team to see if he can get another win and then another one next year to tie Mr. Armstrong with 7 titles.

Lol@ 1 man team....back to the roots of the tour when guys did 4000 km almost alone, with red wine in the backpack !

N.