Note to New Members ×

Anybody Ever Ridden Schweitzer???

Vandalrob08

Well, I have relocated to Moscow Idaho for College. Has anybody ever heard of Schweitzer Mountain Resort??? It has to be one of the nicest places I have ridden. Yet, nobody knows about it??? they have a small USASA program but there is a good hard boot rising there. Lots of potential!!!

Schwietzer is the best mountain for carving in the inland northwest, too bad the've been closing down early the last few years. I hiked it last weekend, it still had decent coveage a month after closing operations:angryfire

I live no. of sandpoint and my wife instructs there so I ride it most of the time, 50+ days last year.:D

we have 4-5 local hardbooters that carve together often. and a few from spokane we bump into occasionally

Steve P instructs at silver mt. but makes it over to carve with the schweetzer crew when he can.

We do a mini session in march we call INWES, inland northwest expression session. 2010 will be the third annual and we hope to be more organized to bring in 20 or more folks from around the area, Mt., Id., Wa.

welcome to N. Idaho RB7,

crazyTDKsquirrel (Gus) is at UI, message him thru bol & share the stoke, & maybe carpool next season, check out the ride board:biggthump

boardski

I have considered moving to sandpoint several times.

what's the weather like usually? does the sun come out in the winter? :) What about on the mountain...is it more often gray and gloomy? I sound like a sissy but I have my reasons.

what about the town...any nightlife at all? It looks pretty enough that's for sure.

how's the drive from sandpoint to the hill?

you'd like it here, interesting blend of hippy, redneck. and expatriot yuppies gone rural. pretty artsy feel for bfe, with local winery & microbrew, look here for some clues. http://sandpointonline.com/

we get our share of ski by braile days but so does the rest of the northwest. lots of killer tree runs for those days

all in all a few spells of high pressure mixed with lots of powder days.

a vetran groomer crew and 10 winch cat runs and several long cruizers.

Night life isn't my forte, but lots of live music mostly reggae, bluegrass, alternative.