Note to New Members ×

Ottawa this Sat/Sun

Ian M

I'm planning on riding Saturday, probably Calabogie but maybe Vorlage. Next weekend I'm attending one of the two days of SQS if anyone would like to ride-share! (Haven't decided which day yet.) There's still snow out there and I'm always keen to meet other carvers!

Feel free to text or call 613-322-3250

Cheers :)

Calabogie is the Devil!!!

No, man...ice is the devil. I rode at Vorlage on Saturday and kept falling due to the hard stuff. I looked back several times to see my beautiful carve stop at a patch of ice that I hadn't seen...followed of course by a bunch a chopped skids and body-part prints. :freak3: Very inconsistent snow.

No, man...ice is the devil. I rode at Vorlage on Saturday and kept falling due to the hard stuff. I looked back several times to see my beautiful carve stop at a patch of ice that I hadn't seen...followed of course by a bunch a chopped skids and body-part prints. :freak3: Very inconsistent snow.

How was Calabogie? Ice or what?

Yeah, the last time Chris and I rode Calabogie it was not quite ice, just the hardest f*#&ing snow I've ever seen. There's a lot of that around this time of year with the afternoon slush getting groomed and then freezing into bullet-proof almost-ice corduroy. This time of year, sleeping in and letting the sun soften it up makes more sense. Unless, of course, you have a new Coiler to put through its paces on the weekend :) I'm picking up my new board at SQS!

I bought red, and then picked up a set of blues. I liked the support of the red, but find that my range of motion (especially crouching down toward the board) is better with the softer springs. My calves and tibialis anterior's were more sore after riding on Saturday with the softer springs - I'm using my muscles more because the boots are allowing more motion. I'm not sure if I'll stick with the blues or not. I need another couple of days on blues, and then to go back to the red to compare.

Hope that helps!