Note to New Members ×

22nd of March

Arclite

I should be there, although i'll be pretty damn spoiled after Mammonth this weekend.

All i can say is awesome carving conditions from 8:30-4:00 on Saturday and still awesome from 8:30-12:00 on sunday. I stayed on Saddle Bowl, Stump Alley, Broadway, and Wall the whole time. The Wall was actually quite nice since nobody was on it every single time i went down it. It got kind of hairy though and almost threw me off of the run. I hit some old race ruts from earlier in the day and caught some air and almost flew off the side...

I should be there, although i'll be pretty damn spoiled after Mammonth this weekend.

All i can say is awesome carving conditions from 8:30-4:00 on Saturday and still awesome from 8:30-12:00 on sunday. I stayed on Saddle Bowl, Stump Alley, Broadway, and Wall the whole time. The Wall was actually quite nice since nobody was on it every single time i went down it. It got kind of hairy though and almost threw me off of the run. I hit some old race ruts from earlier in the day and caught some air and almost flew off the side...

No percentage? :biggthump

I'll put ya on the list

Sure wish I could make it up with everyone again. I for sure will not be there this Sunday, as I will be in Utah visiting my wife's family. Sad thing is I don't think I will even be able to board while I am there. Oh well, been a decent season this year. I will try to make one more day with you guys when I get back from Utah.

there was a pretty good amount - i'd say about 3-4 inches, and definitely not more than 6. i wouldn't exactly call it light fluff, not at snow summit at least. it was like those tiny little corn balls, and definitely not flakes. the stuff really hurt your face when you got some speed and when the wind was blowing against you on the lift.

Anyway, Aaron, Erwin, and I stayed up till about 2:30 and had mostly fresh tracks every run. there was no one on the mountain. it was snowing, and the wind was blowing, so we'd just stay out of our old tracks, hop runs, come back and our old tracks would be filled in when we came back.

Aaron was our guide and took us to some nice powder stashes toward the end. Pretty good day, but cold. Definitely need the right gear for that stuff. I'm pretty sure that's the last powder day of the year, unless you catch something up at Mammoth or somewhere else, but locally, it's probably done.

Julian, what would you have needed to make you stay longer?? I had an extra neck up in the car you could have used, just needed to ask. I am sure between all five of us we could have helped you make it a great day. It was good to see you and your dad again, it has been a few weeks.

Local knowledge is good!!! I was saving those powder stashes for just the right day, today was it!!!

I just want to thank the local carving crew for not throwing insults my way since I was on two planks instead of just one.

I just want to thank the local carving crew for not throwing insults my way since I was on two planks instead of just one.

That's cause we were saving the insults for the message board :eek:

Effing skiers!!! Next time, get a powder board :p Aaahh, u know I'm messing with you. Can't be insulting the guide.

Short Answer: Not Prepared for it.

It's about a 180 mile round trip for me (more for you guys coming out of Woodland Hills and San Pedro) up to Snow Summit.

I bring all sorts of gear with me. that pack on my back has a full hardware screw set for my Catek FR2s (i need to get some for my TD2/3s) , a spare power plate, some spare rachet straps, teflon tape, leatherman, a multi hex tool, a multi screw driver dakine tool, water, a couple of bars, an extra layer or two of clothing, a spare set of gloves, neoprene face mask, thin pull over full mask, extra pair of snow boarding socks, about 60 fluid ounces or more of water, and some protein bars. that's what's usually what's inside that pack of mine.

there's a few things i leave at the truck. depending on the day though, i might leave the extra clothing layers and gloves in the truck if it's warm enough - to make room for removing some of the layers i'm already wearing.

As much as possible, i like to have everything there with me. the last thing i want is to be driven off of the mountain after blowing my Saturday night and waking up at 5:50am on a Sunday instead of 11:30am or something. Plus, all that extra weight helps me decamber the board.

you know what they say, better to have a condom and not need it than to need a condom and not have it... :biggthump

I bring all sorts of gear with me. that pack on my back has a full hardware screw set for my Catek FR2s (i need to get some for my TD2/3s) , a spare power plate, some spare rachet straps, teflon tape, leatherman, a multi hex tool, a multi screw driver dakine tool, water, a couple of bars, an extra layer or two of clothing, a spare set of gloves, neoprene face mask, thin pull over full mask, extra pair of snow boarding socks, about 60 fluid ounces or more of water, and some protein bars. that's what's usually what's inside that pack of mine.

there's a few things i leave at the truck. depending on the day though, i might leave the extra clothing layers and gloves in the truck if it's warm enough - to make room for removing some of the layers i'm already wearing.

As much as possible, i like to have everything there with me. the last thing i want is to be driven off of the mountain after blowing my Saturday night and waking up at 5:50am on a Sunday instead of 11:30am or something. Plus, all that extra weight helps me decamber the board.

I like the protein bar idea...