Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe Forward Lean

101dals

I have the Deeluxe Track 225s and was wondering about the forward lean lever on the back. I usually flip in down when walking, on lift, etc. to give my ankles a rest. On my last trip I was try to play with different settings, but noticed it always reset to 3 when I flipped it down and back up. How exactly do you set these boots? Still not sure what turning the knob does. And yes, I did lose the instruction booklet...

Thanks!

Uh, maybe the new boots are different, but my old ones worked differently. If his instructions don't work, try this:

Knob pointing straight up, lever down = unlocked. Flex the boot cuff to where you want it (easier if your foot is in it), and then flip the lever up:

Knob pointing straight up, lever up = locked at whatever position it was in when you flipped the lever (sort of - it will lock at 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, but not inbetween).

Knob pointing sideways, lever down = unlocked only between 1 and 3, but will not go between 3 and 5.

You're welcome !

Interested to know what you'll be using :)

I have personnaly set my 225 to 1 for the rear foot, and 3 for the front one. If there would be a 0 or a -1, it'd be just perfect !

:cool:

You can essentially get 0 or -1 by either:

1) increasing heel lift with the binding if you have other cant disks (which will take some strain off that ankle anyways) or

2) (assuming the boots are the same), loosening both boot cant cuff adjusters and lowering them both the same amount.

Having problems seeing exactly what you mean in 2), but yes, heel lift is a way to cheat your boots lean possibility to some extent ! But it'd be great for some to be able to lean more than the default available, only boot speaking. No accs. Especially when switching setups.

But even then, without a 0 or -1, I just love my 225.

Like a good member here once said about Deeluxe (Ernie00), they're like slippers or in french : Comme une bonne vieille paire de pantoufles !

regards,

SnowieQc

Having problems seeing exactly what you mean in 2), but yes, heel lift is a way to cheat your boots lean possibility to some extent ! But it'd be great for some to be able to lean more than the default available, only boot speaking. No accs. Especially when switching setups.

But even then, without a 0 or -1, I just love my 225.

Like a good member here once said about Deeluxe (Ernie00), they're like slippers or in french : Comme une bonne vieille paire de pantoufles !

regards,

SnowieQc

Take a look at this image: http://www.bomberonline.com/store/images/photos_products/Track_225_T_800.jpg

See the red Deeluxe logo (next to where it says Track 225)? Just below it is a light grey circular plastic piece with a black allen-head screw in the middle of it. There's one on the other side as well. Those are the cant adjusters - you can loosen it by a turn or two, raise or lower the cuff in relation to the bottom of the boot, and retighten it. You are supposed to raise one and lower the other to angle the boot left and right, but if you lower both it will increase forward lean.

However, I would be really, really careful doing this - at least in the old models, the little tiny teeth that hold the adjusters in place could grind down pretty easily unless you made sure to tighten the crap out of those little screws... being careful not to strip the tiny hex screw either.

Actually, forget I said anything :) I never liked messing with those because it is hard to get it back exactly to where you started once you start moving them around, and things always seemed to go wrong in there.