Note to New Members ×

The conclusion of the platter lift story

Cindy Kleh

Soooo, I went to Howelson yesterday to race, and I managed to do the platter lift ok by putting it between my legs with the bindings out. (Thanks to Bomber folks for all the suggestions). The only problem I had with the lift was when one of the rugrats was goofing off and fell on a steep section, taking down 4 others including myself.

But the race was a real eye opener. It was steep (no big deal) and very icy (a big deal on a freestyle board). I fell three times, once in a GS run and twice in one of the slalom runs. I came in third out of three women, but I did post the best times, just not the best times for two runs combined. OK, here's the kicker: the other two women were on hards and did not fall.

I am inviting all you hard-heads to tell me what I already know. I need to go to an alpine board because you never know when a course is going to be icy.

Guest shrederjen

Edges, girlfriend.....

Sorry, you missed LCS. It was great.

Will probably have a small group of us at W.P. tomorrow or Thursday.

Will advise.

You still have your place in the finals! :eplus2:

Cheers,

Jen

Yes, I'm going to see them both at Natty's. And i'm going to increase my forward lean if it's icy. I'm going up to the Park tomorrow, possibly Thursday. Call me if you go.

But you should have seen this course. Parts of it were no wider than a catwalk and it turned and slanted all over the place!