Note to New Members ×

So yeah its bad....

CaRtharsis

Well it looks like the season is over for me. While riding at Calabogie today with Ian I had a slight incident while stopping at the lift. Somehow I list my edge and did some reverse inverted not so visually appealing Yoga maneuver that my ankle was not willing to complete. So in this case kinetic energy won out over skeletal strength and my left ankle (inside) snapped. And regardless of what you may hear it was in fact gracefully and artfully executed. :D:D

The good, if I do as instructed I will likely be able to avoid surgery.

The bad, the SQS weekend that I had been so looking forward to is trashed.

Now I'm off to watch Top Gear and wallow in self pity. :(:(:(:(

Well looking back at it now, riding on Sunday probably wasn't the best idea considering all the rain we did get. Not having been in a few weeks the itch had gotten pretty bad.

Unfortunately the itch now seems to be from my left knee to my toes, and requires a knitting needle to scratch!

I see the orthopedist tomorrow, to get a new cast hopefully as this one has several pressure points, and find out when I can get a walking cast. Depending on how the weather holds out I may still ride again this season.

Well looking back at it now, riding on Sunday probably wasn't the best idea considering all the rain we did get. Not having been in a few weeks the itch had gotten pretty bad.

Unfortunately the itch now seems to be from my left knee to my toes, and requires a knitting needle to scratch!

I see the orthopedist tomorrow, to get a new cast hopefully as this one has several pressure points, and find out when I can get a walking cast. Depending on how the weather holds out I may still ride again this season.

That weather is not looking good.

Oh, I have $50 Tremblant passes, 2 left if anybody wants them.

I don't know why I'm posting this on your thread...

Hey. The weather makes me feel a little better about my situation. That, and I don't have to worry about my wife trying to shovel the drieveway.

I finally got my boots in from the car yesterday. HA! I'll post a pic once I get the camera in the same room with me. All I can say is that if it had not been for these boots, Ian would have been driving me back to the city screaming the whole way. Undoubtedly the boots save me from surgery and a huge recovery.

Silver lining? Now I have no choice but buy new boots. Well thats my story anyhow.