Note to New Members ×

Intec Failure two days before I leave for SES :(

RDY_2_Carve

3rd run yesterday at Pajarito. Was having a good time and get to the bottom of the run and my rear Intec heel won't do anything! I thought maybe it was just ice buildup but nope the thing was busted on the inside?!? Lucky for me my best friend brought his leatherman and I was able to get the boot off the board. Of course I sold my spare pair a year or so ago.

So anyways it's the piece that the actual cable attaches to on the inside of the heel that compresses the springs. It's broke in half! I thought the cable would shear before that piece broke?!?!

I've already contacted Bomber but Michelle is probably not checking email until tonight. I might need some help from the BOL community at SES once I arrive if Bomber can't take care of me (I doubt they bring much inventory outside of the demo fleet, no?)?

So I might be in the market for some standard bindings or if anybody has a spare set of bindings I have my like new pair of TD2 SI's I can trade as collateral or whatever? Or if anybody has a spare set of Intec heels? I'm sure 99.9% of you SES'ers will be on Fin-Techs (which I plan on buying if Michelle has a spare set at Aspen).

So I'll post updates here if I'm in need of some help. I'll be at the base of Highlands on Wed morning...just look for the guy with his orange Head SP's working on the heels! :smashfrea

3rd run yesterday at Pajarito. Was having a good time and get to the bottom of the run and my rear Intec heel won't do anything! I thought maybe it was just ice buildup but nope the thing was busted on the inside?!? Lucky for me my best friend brought his leatherman and I was able to get the boot off the board. Of course I sold my spare pair a year or so ago.

So anyways it's the piece that the actual cable attaches to on the inside of the heel that compresses the springs. It's broke in half! I thought the cable would shear before that piece broke?!?!

I've already contacted Bomber but Michelle is probably not checking email until tonight. I might need some help from the BOL community at SES once I arrive if Bomber can't take care of me (I doubt they bring much inventory outside of the demo fleet, no?)?

So I might be in the market for some standard bindings or if anybody has a spare set of bindings I have my like new pair of TD2 SI's I can trade as collateral or whatever? Or if anybody has a spare set of Intec heels? I'm sure 99.9% of you SES'ers will be on Fin-Techs (which I plan on buying if Michelle has a spare set at Aspen).

So I'll post updates here if I'm in need of some help. I'll be at the base of Highlands on Wed morning...just look for the guy with his orange Head SP's working on the heels! :smashfrea

You pay for the shipping and I'll send you the part you need to Aspen. I have a couple of Intecs in great shape except I snapped the "wings" on the heel.

Let me know if this will work for you.

->Ben

You pay for the shipping and I'll send you the part you need to Aspen. I have a couple of Intecs in great shape except I snapped the "wings" on the heel.

Let me know if this will work for you.

->Ben

I'm leaving tonight and I'll be there tomorrow morning...I might take you up on your offer though once I get back from Aspen? The heel is one piece away from being perfectly usable again...

I'm hopeful that Bomber will be able to sell me a replacment at the base of Highlands?

I'm leaving tonight and I'll be there tomorrow morning...I might take you up on your offer though once I get back from Aspen? The heel is one piece away from being perfectly usable again...

I'm hopeful that Bomber will be able to sell me a replacment at the base of Highlands?

Sure, just let me know what you want to do. I could overnight something from the post office to somewhere in Aspen. The part you need is pretty light although I'm not sure that will make it any less expensive.

I always ride with a spare set of heels in my bag so maybe someone there does the same and can help you out for now.

->Ben

For anybody interested this is what it looked like:

heelzw9.jpg

Haven't heard from Bomber. Can't blame em' as they have 100's of other carvers to worry about right now...

I'll be at Highlands early to help Fin setup and see if Bomber can offer a fix or replacement (Hello Fin-Tech if they are avaliable!). ;)

Found the stock heels for my Heads just incase there is no fix? I don't own any standard bindings and I'm not bringing softboots to SES this time...