Note to New Members ×

Stevens Pass, Weds Feb 4?

NateW

I spotted two hardbooters at Stevens yesterday and waved at you guys near the bottom of the Brooks chair - was that anyone on here?

I mean to wait at the top of the lift, but the sunshine got the better of me on the way up... I forgot completely, until a couple runs later. :smashfrea

Been riding traditional softboot setup for ten years now. Mainly hiking around Stevens now. Trying to ramp up my riding skills. I have a pretty decent hardboot setup and I am looking for someone to teach/coach me how it is done. Anyone have any suggestions for the Washington-Whistler, B.C. area?

I'm going to try to be at Stevens every Wednesday and every weekend (usually Saturday, occasionally Sunday) through the end of March, then just weekends for as long as the snow lasts.

This coming Wednesday is a little iffy due to issues at work, but I'll be there this Saturday for sure.

Barring the occasional excursion to Big Chief or Skyline, I mostly ride the terrain park. If you want to meet up there, just let me know.

Thank you for the quick response. I usually go a couple of times a week midweek. I think I am going up on saturday. But unfortunately I think that I am going up with a female friend. How do I find you up there? Do you think that the hill will be a bit sketchy with all the groms to dodge?

What you think?

Chet

Oh, that's too bad. I'm terribly allergic to females. :p

Seriously though... I mostly just do laps down the terrain park and up the Brooks chair so, I'll come by the the bottom of the chair every 15 minutes. If you don't want to wait, just ride under the Brooks chair and we'll see each other.

Hardbooters are really rare up there. If you see a guy with an alpine board, it's me. If I see a guy with an alpine board, I'll assume it's you.

• 1 month later...

Been in Europe for the past week now. Discovered once again that the mountains are bigger and steeper than in the U.S. unfortunately only brought a couple of freeride setups. Euros seem to only stick to groomer. Any ideas why? Coming back on wednesday gonna ride on saturday.

I love that place. I do not know when you are going but make sure to get a tourist visa. They are good for five years. If you need one pronto I had to get a company out of Washington D.C. to get me one ultra quick. As for the shots, I had one that made me super sick with flu like symptons for a day. What sucked was it was the day I drove all the way up to Whistler.