Note to New Members ×

Things of Beauty

Jack M

"I don't know...I didn't go to Burger King"

Jacko,

congrats on the pimpin' new setup.

I'm still dialing in my "new" Head stratos.

way to step up from the McD's boots to the seeeerious gourmet $hizzle

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq1DeXkb9n8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq1DeXkb9n8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We happy? Jack! We happy?

Yeah, yeah, we happy.

Jack/BMJ: do you also notice a little side to side movement in the heelreceiver stepin TD3 when you are locked in?? I have about 1 mm movement side to side in my heel receiver stepin (TD3) with the Fin Tec heel. I think it's normal?!

Some pics

Sorry guys, not sure how I missed these questions. Yes, I did notice a tiny side to side movement. 1mm sounds about right. However I haven't fiddled with the micro-sizing yet. I'm going to try that to see if it goes away. Not that it matters, can't feel it while riding.

McD boots? naw. The Fires were great. They even had a quasi-BTS of their own.

McD boots? naw. The Fires were great. They even had a quasi-BTS of their own.

I'm half kidding. I've ridden the old blue reactors a fair amount, still have a freshy red white blue pair and they're just too stiff and not comfy at all(use them on the Burner 197 once in awhile). I'm sure the Fires and Boilers are more like my SBHs which I love but they're just low tech and a lil too soft. Rusty's old race sbh shells are still my fav boots.Stratos are a step up.

Jack, are those new boots kinda a thin foot boot or can you widen the bladders for fat feet ? they look friggin schweet:biggthump

Fires - soled out

https://www.klugriding.com/product-view-0s-3c-39i.html

I'm half kidding. I've ridden the old blue reactors a fair amount, still have a freshy red white blue pair and they're just too stiff and not comfy at all(use them on the Burner 197 once in awhile). I'm sure the Fires and Boilers are more like my SBHs which I love but they're just low tech and a lil too soft. Rusty's old race sbh shells are still my fav boots.Stratos are a step up.

Jack, are those new boots kinda a thin foot boot or can you widen the bladders for fat feet ? they look friggin schweet:biggthump

Fires - soled out

https://www.klugriding.com/product-view-0s-3c-39i.html

The Fires were actually a bit stiffer than the T700s. The T700s are wider. They're pretty wide and high volume. The forward (and backward!) flex action of the T700s is a lot smoother and stiction-free, thanks to the BTS. The Fires were a great boot (with T-flex of course) if you like stiff.

The Fires were actually a bit stiffer than the T700s. The T700s are wider. They're pretty wide and high volume. The forward (and backward!) flex action of the T700s is a lot smoother and stiction-free, thanks to the BTS. The Fires were a great boot (with T-flex of course) if you like stiff.

I found the T700s to be much less stiff than some others - recently sold my UPZ10 and T325's. Had an early set of Head hard boots, can't remember the model. All these mentioned felt stiffer to me. Of course the T700 has a different shell design and the shell is taller offering more shin support- Jack you may be able to elaborate more.

I find the T700's with BTS to be about perfect - soft initial flex but very progressive and tweakable w/BTS installed. Great Boots!!

Jack, do you think the BTS gets better and better with a stiffer cuff and heel? It would make sense that you would narrow down the variables in the boot flex and let it rely on engineered flex in the spring. We need some BTS-specific infinitely stiff boots.

Jack, do you think the BTS gets better and better with a stiffer cuff and heel? It would make sense that you would narrow down the variables in the boot flex and let it rely on engineered flex in the spring. We need some BTS-specific infinitely stiff boots.

In theory yes. But then you would need lateral/medial BTS's too. Beckman is rocking this with some ski boots he's dremeled out to have free floating cuffs, and then he's made his own fore/aft lateral/medial BTS type things. Talk about frankenboots!

I agree, Jack. I just replaced my 8 or 9-year-old Fires this season also, and find the T700's wider, and better flex. I got the red springs, though! Haven't installed them yet, but should be able to this weekend. *Excited*

Sorry guys, not sure how I missed these questions. Yes, I did notice a tiny side to side movement. 1mm sounds about right. However I haven't fiddled with the micro-sizing yet. I'm going to try that to see if it goes away. Not that it matters, can't feel it while riding.

Take a look at this thread and let me know your thought. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the 1mm movement??

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=227814#post227814