Note to New Members ×

Seven Springs the week of Dec 21st

Mellow Yellow

I wont be getting in until the 28th for the Steeler Game and then in for that week 29 thru end of year so if any of you stick around, keep an eye out for me, I will be mostly on North face, Tyrol, Stowe or avalanche.

I will keep an eye out. If anyone is staying in the burgh and is heading out, maybe we could carpool. I am staying in Irwin with friends

Greg

I wont be getting in until the 28th for the Steeler Game and then in for that week 29 thru end of year so if any of you stick around, keep an eye out for me, I will be mostly on North face, Tyrol, Stowe or avalanche.

I will keep an eye out. If anyone is staying in the burgh and is heading out, maybe we could carpool. I am staying in Irwin with friends

Greg

Greg,

I'll most likely be in Irwin on 1st or 2nd on the way back from the 'home-for-Christmas' deal for a stop over at my sister's. I'd love to hit Giant Steps but will probably not be able to make it, I'll watch this thread and let you know as time draws nearer.

At any rate, I plan on going to 7 Springs for Superbowl weekend, when I always make a long weekend out of it.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

I went on the 23rd, there was plenty of coverage with a thin spot here and there but given the warm temps and rain after the 23rd... it had to have taken a hit. The front face (with the exception of Alpine Meadows) was open, and Northface/Giant Boulder were also open.

Not sure about discount lifties.. always had a season pass... i DO think you can get them... local grocery stores sound right to me...

Went out today, hit North face first, compressed granular that would let loose underneath of board when doing deep turns. I was on my POGO Blitz, That thing is too skinny for those condoitons but it did well for about 8-10 runs, until it got riddled with people who shouldnt even be on that slope.

Moved over to front face and hit Tyrol once on the Blitz, not worth staying on and then over to Avalanche. Supriseingly, fairly rigid with granular on top. Tight becuase ski team had left half but the center piece was good. Switched to POGO Overdose for some tighter SCR and ripped it up from 12 to 2:30 PM. Left several gouges on Avalanche, sun ducked over the hill, and headed home.

I was suprised by how much dirt and grass exposed. Growing up riding there it was the thinnnest cover this time of year I had ever seen. Hopefully they can start blowing.

It also reminded that 7 has its share of skiers who are more worried about how they look than how well they ski and ride. Skiing in furs went out the door, i think even in aspen, weell maybe not.

Wont get back out, I got my 20+ runs in, legs cooked and conditions didnt warrant $41 to ride, I can wait to get home.