Note to New Members ×

OT: margaritas bite back

~tb

thought that some of you might get a kick out of my pain. Especially those of you who were in the condo with me at ECES. The following happened to me after making scratch margarita mix from about 4 dozen limes for a memorial day party.

if you have a weak stomach, or are about to eat, dont open the following.

www.ourwalden.net/limes

these are pictures of my hands taken over the past three days since the party. Needless to say, it has rendered me 100% useless and a gimp. Read the link at the top of the page for a description of the allergy. This is the most violent reaction my local ER has ever seen to lime peels.

Thought you could all use a laugh at my expense.

Hope everyone is having agood summer!

-Todd

Yikes!!! Todd!!!

Sorry to see your hands. As one of your ECES ’04 roomies who has crushed more that my fair share of limes, I know that lime oil can be strong stuff but I did not believe that it could wreck that kind of havoc. I guess that using rubbers in the kitchen is a good idea after all. I’ve always used the blue nitrile gloves and of course got a lot of feedback and flack about that, but now it’s apparent that it’s a good idea after all.

I hope that you have a speedy recovery and can enjoy the rest of the summer. And next time practice safe squeezing.

Adam

Guest AlpentalRider

man, all I can say is that you should be thankful you hadn't gone to the bathroom or changed clothes or something. Can you imagine if that woulda got on your genitals :eek: