Note to New Members ×

Softboot binding setup question...

Sinecure

I'm trying to set up bindings for my girlfriend's new softboot rig. I have her boots and two sets of Technine MFM Pro bindings. One is size L and one is size M. Her boots are women's size 10. According to the T9 info, she's at the bottom end of the scale for the L bindings. I'm going to send back one pair, or give them to my daughter.

I can fit the boots into both sets of bindings easily. On the smaller ones, I just need to adjust the straps a little so that they are centered. I also had to measure the bsl to determine center and align boot sole center with binding center. Again, either binding can accommodate that easily. I can also extend the toe ramps on the smaller ones if necessary.

The bigger bindings are about 2 cm longer than the smaller ones. Width is nearly identical - the bigger ones may be marginally wider. Boots fit in either.

So should I go with the smaller ones or larger ones? Neither is going to be too wide for her board. Obviously the contact patch on the board will be bigger with the larger bindings. Does that mean she'll get more direct edge pressure? It won't make too much difference because once I pull the toe ramps out a little, the difference is going to be approximately 1cm. Neither binding has any more slop than the other once I adjust all the straps.

Advice? Thoughts (other than getting her hard boots - we'll work up to that)?

These are nice looking bindings. Especially considering I paid less than $90 for them.

Sounds to me like you got it dialed. The only thing left is to try out both bindings on the snow & if the smaller ones don't feel tight or paniful go with those, they'll be slightly lighter with tighter tolerences.

Mrs. b0ardski is a womens 10 /25.5-26 mondo and some mens boots fit her better if the cuff is wide enough for the calves.

It's an inbetween size so you gotta try it to see what works best.