Note to New Members ×

calling all inwes posse

Steve Prokopiw

:eek:

Hi Steve... I'm in your neck of the woods. Staying in Wallace at the Stardust. Today at Silver was OK for skiing but carving was a bust since everything was so fresh and the snow has not yet consolidated and groomed well. I asked if you were at the Silver ski school but they said you're not there this year. Patroller 'PT' recalls a great hardboot instructor but did not recognize your name.

Maybe we could get together? I really need help!

Brad

Steve here to let you know I can meet up for some pointers on Wed(Christmas Eve).It's true that I am not with ski school this year.Silver is a good mountain with lots of potential,but,like many resorts with non ski oriented parent companies, it is much more fun to play there than to work there. To that end,I would be glad to ride with you and any donation to my kids' college fund that you might find appropriate would be greatly appreciated:)

As for the virgins;I could not find any of legal age,but I did resort to another act of desperation;I decided not to buy a snowblower to ensure I would have another winter of back spasms and tennis elbow from shoveling the drive.As for my hard to say name,people around here just refer to me as Steve Pro;and I just try to live up to it,he he.

By the way,if you are not doing anything special for Christmas Eve we are having a small get together.Consider this your invitation. PM me and I'll give you my cell#.

I was at Lookout on Sunday (very cold, freezing stuff on the goggles on the two runs I did make), not worth it. I was back on Tuesday and it was pretty nice. I mean, don't get me wrong.... still some early season conditions (ie little trees sticking up!), but there were some nice groomers. I'll be back again on Sunday and Tuesday of next week, but we are probably going to have the Christmas crowds so most likely not to great for carving unless you can get there early.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Inwesonians! Just wondering if you all had a great hardbooting day today like I did.First day I felt like taking the Coiler for a spin.Firm and fast snow and sun.Awesome day!

Awesome new boots too! I'll post pics tommorrow of my Raichle Freezone skiboots with BTS installed.Threw in my liners and yellow tongues and ripped it up with Catek standards today.The board looks super pimp with the orange flames and gold ano bindings.The boots were outstanding.I can't believe this combo hasn't been in use already.Can't wait to ski with these boots.

Snow was awesome, grooming sucked...didn't help that we got up late and there were a million people. Still managed a couple turns with the Tomahawk, thanks for the hookup Steve!! That board is ridiculous cant wait to catch virgin corduroy on it. Rode both days and legs are feeling it couple more days to get my chops back. Saw someone on Saturday with a 160 coiler looked like they were trying to figure it out. May have converted a few on the lift today...we'll see. Cheers!

The transformed ( read rained on ) snow pack should be ideal for carving. I wish the 178 summit was a 23 waist instead of a 26, It carves great but pretty slow edge to edge. The split tail radon rules the deep and was no slouch on the groomers either. The nidecker will be the go to board this weekend, with some cruising on the oxygen.

3141527366_87b202b77b.jpg

the hyarc is available for demos:eplus2:

• 3 weeks later...

for the first time.Biggest, ugliest dude I've ever seen.Just kidding of course.I only wrote that cuz Gus was in soft boots.In a couple of weeks we're gonna meet for him to borrow or buy some hardboot stuff.We should all ride somewhere that day.Somewhere on that side of the pass.Somewhere not in the Silver Valley.I think all the lead is starting to get to me.

So, how's about it? Lets do somewhere like 49(looks damn cool for advanced carving) where none of us ride regularly, and after we leave ,they'll talk about 'that day the hardbooters came to town'.In fact, lets rent a bus and driver and do our own 'Inwes bus trip to hell',complete with keg and whorishly clad waitress er ,stewardess.Whatever.