Note to New Members ×

Carving Styles & Tricks & SES Limbo Riding

Guest stoked

Guest stoked

Hi,

I made a page about the Limbo contest and can say that at least the SES pictures that I got from Fin, Scott and Ken are great!

It's part of the 'Stay and Play' section that is available when you click on 'Facts' at http://stoked.at

I just put the english version of that Carving Styles & Tricks page online where the Limbo is listed so I'd be happy to hear your comments on that too.

It's meant to be a keyword-like list of riding options for riders who already made their first turns. There's no comparing of styles or instructions because there are great articles about technique at Bomber anyway. The point of the page is just to present options where some might say I wanna try that out next time on the slope.

I like to think that there are more options so if you have any ideas please post them or email me at info@stoked.at

I think there was a thread about tricks or playful riding here but I can't find it anymore and guess it's gone.

So I don't know if my page is useful but I really like the idea of it and would be happy about any contributions and comments.

Bernhard

Nice,

I've thought about it loads of times coming down a particular run when the race team ropes off for a race but figured I'd better practice somewhere else before I embarrass myself.

I have used that tecnique to duck ropes while patrolling. We pull ropes across the hill at final sweep to shuttle people back to the village and we have to duck them to go to the lifts. One day I forgot it was there until one turn before it, so I nonchalantly laid one out under the rope and carried on. I was sweating bullets, but at least I dont look like an idiot with rope burn on my forehead!

Originally posted by Fleaman

I have used that tecnique to duck ropes while patrolling. We pull ropes across the hill at final sweep to shuttle people back to the village and we have to duck them to go to the lifts. One day I forgot it was there until one turn before it, so I nonchalantly laid one out under the rope and carried on. I was sweating bullets, but at least I dont look like an idiot with rope burn on my forehead!

Could be worse... this year I went to ollie over a rope but popped just a little too late...:rolleyes: it was a loony tunes meets snowboarding moment

________

LovelyWendie

Guest AlpentalRider

one time my friend and I were ducking some ropes for the BC we do in Whistler. Well he was ahead of me and when he went under, he popped the rope up. By the time I had approached it, it was on it's way down and cloths-lined me pretty good. Thank god I wear a helmet lol.

Guest stoked

Exactly OCD ... also someone mentioned earlier that carving saved his life when he was about to hit a fence but I didn't know about the Limbo contest until this year.

Which is weird because after I saw the pictures I thought SURE and it appeared to be the most natural thing to do ... this event is totally great!

For those visiting my site, I'll add things to the existing sections now and then but 'Pictures' and 'Boards' where it says 'Coming soon' will be online not before next season I guess.

Bernhard

http://stoked.at

Btw I listened to my favourite album ("Rage against the machine") recently and couldn't help thinking about the freestyle (fashion) hype and todays snowboarding magazines when I heard those familiar lines like

now you do what they told ya

onesided stories for years and years

they say jump, you say how high

when ignorance reigns, fun is lost

wake up

So they say snowboarding is about fun? The sport of the free? Yeah right ..