C5 Golfer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has Kent left the building?????

Nope..I was racing Lance in Leadville. All was fine until around mile 75.

Anyhoo. Re: Esc key.

The functionality never disapeared. It was decided (which it why this took so long to trace down) to allow via Macro. So...go ahead and configure your Intellipoint 6.2 however you wish:

Here's mine:

wb858z.jpg

If you need help, let me know...

k

Calling Kent --

any update on any of the above info RE: flash drive issues of others similar to mine, or the esc key or the DVD issue ?

It's really all moot if you're not running Vista at the present time. My guess is that RC1's driver selection was a bit off as it appears several folks had to manually find the drivers...which is fairly easy under /windows/system32

Otherwise, my best guess is that you have software running off the USB drive when powered which is not Vista compatible.

k

Thanks Kent for your info--

I am just a user - a plain ole computer user from which I need an output of CAD files. The frustrating part for some of us in the same Boat we just want it to work without knowing my driver is not compatible with a system upgrade that was supposed to be compatible. I really don't need to know about System32 or what folder it is located --I do not know if you know much about Pro-e or Solidoworks. but with Pro-E they have built it in such a way that most users are clueless to its power because you have to know how to use it before you use it. Solidworks fixed a lot of that which is why it is popular. It works out of the box without a config file and other crapola. Similar to your 6.X inttelipoint with your Macro--- how do we know this stuff or expected to find it? 98% of us are not the geeks the developers think we are. The drivers for USB device so friggen complex if you read that Forum Link in the above post of mine. Listen to the struggles some have - but the developers have no clue - they are in a world unique to themselves and don't care.

My dream would be to design a house and all the appliances within - specially for software developers. I am talking a dishwasher, refrigerator to washing machines and garage door openers - I'd love to F with them and tape it. I'd have hidden fuctionallity, odd GUIs, keys that don't work, and best of all I'd have them hit the Stop button to Start anything - just the opp of windows. I guess I'd just like to get even - even it was just for a day.

I can't say I disagree with you as I would be upset myself. But, I can assure you that MSFT goes well beyond to fix problems that it didn't create.

My Uncle Larry, who is 98, upgraded to Vista and Office 2007 last fall. He loved Vista and the new Office interface, but he was extremely frustrated with Picasa and even more frustrated with what he calls "disks" as he kept trying to re-write information to a CDR.

Here's his blog, which is publishes direct from Office 2007.

http://aristotle2007.blogspot.com/

k