Note to New Members ×

When will we see the 2009 Priors?

BadBrad

When can we expect next season's Prior WCR metals to come out?

I've heard that the new ones will have a fiberglass topsheet over the titanal sheet. I like that idea since I have some concern over the durability of a titanal topsheet. On the other hand, I could save about $200 on a new one if I buy it now. I'll probably wait for the new ones since I may want to get a custom 169 length board built for me, and I was just wondering when we'll see the new designs and get rider feedback on how they ride.

I rode the one that was a transition to the new ones - new shape but still metal top sheet. It rides sweeet. The new ones look cool with semi-translucent white top sheets - you kinda see what's inside, carbon stringers and stuff...

As for the custom 169, I dont see the point, you've got the shorter boards already. The thing rides so effortless that you wont even feel the extra length. Go 177.

I rode the one that was a transition to the new ones - new shape but still metal top sheet. It rides sweeet. The new ones look cool with semi-translucent white top sheets - you kinda see what's inside, carbon stringers and stuff...

As for the custom 169, I dont see the point, you've got the shorter boards already. The thing rides so effortless that you wont even feel the extra length. Go 177.

I know what you're saying, but I've always liked shorter turnier boards, and my local hills are small and crowded. If I could do more trips to bigger mountains I'd definitely get something longer. I bought a used Madd 158 last season and I love it. I also demo'd a Donek 167 and really had a lot of fun on it. I demo'd a Prior 173 metal and didn't feel as comfortable as I did on the shorter boards, but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.