Note to New Members ×

Salomon Malamute mod

refried

My Malamutes are well packed out and the liners have been cooked several times so they are not as stiff or tight as I liked them to be at times. I added a small camstrap around the top last year and that helped but they still flexed too much.

A few months ago I bolted an extra ankle strap to the top instead of the camstrap, what a differance, I can crank it down to make them super stiff, or leave it loose and have the original stiffness of the boot. The ratchet is on the inside next to the hiback, and it's bolted to the boot on the outside. the wide strap also stops the lace loosening problem I had. I've tried several ratchets and this one is the hardest to release (most others release too easily) It's a little big, so I'll cut it down to make it a little smaller.

Malamutemod004.jpg?t=1207851063

Malamutemod001.jpg?t=1207851190

Hey, I have that board, those bindings, and those boots! You have great taste.

Interesting mod... I've used powerstraps and tongue pads/fillers from my hardboots in a similar fashion, and it does help - so I bet that full strap works well. Those laces and tongue area really does loosen up as the day goes along. I've been thinking of forming some thermoflex liners in the boots too... I have a brand new pair I got super cheap last year that I haven't even used yet - so the liners would have a 1-1/2 boot lifespan.

________

KID PRILOSEC