Note to New Members ×

Bear Mtn on Good Friday (3-21)

gdboytyler

Guest DarkClone

Hi gdboytyler!! Monday was just incredible. Total Hero Snow with really no one around. Kerry Wise was there so he can back up the claims. Oh my God the corduroy was incredible even though it was a bit slow due to the dryness of the snow and the N.E. wind. Actually in the avie it was better especially on Bear Pk. Just total Warren Miller time when you turned around after a hard heelside and watched the rooster tail blow in the wind. Mind blowing riding for sure. Will probably be there on Fri. DarkClone...

I'll be at Bear tomorrow (Fri). I'll probably be there late morning and stay until I (or my wife) cant go on anymore :freak3:. I'm still pretty tired from going non-stop for the last few days.

Hope to see you there. I'll be wearing a red jacket, black pants, helmet and riding a soft board.

Swissracer, were'd you go to? I was at Silver Peak from around 9:30 to 12:30. The snow stayed hard and carvable the whole time.

Ended up riding with Mark the firemen for a couple hours. He's back into carving after recovering from a hamstring injury. After 12:30, I switched to my softboot setup and rode the pipe and park. The Bear Mtn super pipe is in excellent condition.

Conditions were so fun, I'll probably be back on Easter Sunday:biggthump

Swissracer, were'd you go to? I was at Silver Peak from around 9:30 to 12:30. The snow stayed hard and carvable the whole time.

I ended up getting there just before noon. My wife and I went down Exhibition a few times, but my legs were so tired from boarding all week I wasn't worth much in the carving department. I ended up adjusting the bindings back to freestyle stance and rode the remainder of the day in the park area. It was the first time I tried a half pipe and had a blast on the little one. I'm also finally getting some comfort in catching air off jumps which I'm happy about.

I was looking for you guys, but you must have already switched over to the softies. My wife and I will probably do Summit again a few days next week. We have weekday passes (hate crowds) and my wife likes skiing Summit better because there is a bit more variety for her there (she's not into the park thing). Do you guys do weekdays?