Note to New Members ×

infected email

AaronG

We are havind the same problem at ec.com

It comes from the fact that people get infected, and since the webmaster@ adress is in their received mail folder, the virus uses it and tries to send itself again using this adress too... We are thinking of putting the email/post notification of the forum down for a while so things calm down a bit...

I am sure fin doesn't spend the day emailing virus to everyone, nor do we ;)

Nils

Eddie, the reason I was not there was weather. I was planning on taking my plane there but the weather just didn't cooperate. I am not familiar with the surrounding terrain up there either, small planes and hard mtns don't mix too well. I will definitely be there next year, I plan on flying commercially so there will be no problems with weather.

yes well its not me or us from ec.com who are sending the emails!

Our adress is in people's email boxes, and those who still have viruses are rerouting them to everyone using that adress...

Not much we can do i guess...

Sorry bout that !

Nils

Originally posted by oldvolvosrule

anyone else receive a bad email from: webmaster@bomberonline, Tried to open but Norton AV caught it before I did anything. Is it just me??

Yeah, now to think of it, I did get 2 emails with that address, however I was at my friend house who has a Mac with a email virus checker and it removes it automatically.

So I just forgot about it until I saw this thread. Hummmmmm

This happened shortly after I made an order with bomber about a month ago. But I haven't seen any recently.

The worm you are recieving is W32/Netsky.?@mm (various versions, most common is T). It first selects a person to e-mail itself to from the infected users address book, it then selects another e-mail address from the address book and makes the e-mail appear to come from that person.

thus the e-mail originated from somone who has your e-mail and webmaster@bomberonline.com in their address book.