Note to New Members ×

intec heel problem

emark7

Have gotten 6 sessions in on a used intec heel and it suddenly seems like it has started to malfunction. Originally, the pins would retract back into the heel, when I stepped into the binding. Now they seem to be locked out, and I have to pull the handle to release the pins to get in the binding. Any help........? Thanks in advance. Mark

I had similar problem last year. Pins did not retract completely into heel piece. I was able get in the binding, but not out at all. This system is pretty flimsy. I try to fix it, without luck. Get new Intec, you do not want your boot stuck in binding on the botton of the hill.

Guest Ghostrider

I just got a new set of TD2's and I was out over the weekend and my intec heels were giving me some troubles. I could step in fine, but i couldnt get out very easily. I got stuck more than half the time. At first I thought it was just snowpack or ice in the binding, but even if I cleaned it before stepping in, it seemed that the little that built up between the boot & binding during a run caused some issues.

It felt as though the cable was stretched and not pulling in the pins all the way. One pin seemed like it would come free, but the other would get stuck. Then I'd have to ollie the board and slam it down hard to reset both pins and try it again.

This is the start of my 3rd season on the heels...do they need to be replaced already?? Or is there some adjustments I need to do on the heel/binding?

Guest Randy S.

I just got my TD2s yesterday. Last night during MNF mounted them and then attacked lubing my heels. There are two things you can lube. First, take the heels out of your boots. This isn't hard unless you strip the head of one of the screws (like I did). I'll get it out, but that's another project. I was able to get the other one out no problem. Once you remove it, there's a small phillips screw in the center. Remove that and then carefully pry the lid off. Inside will look like the attachement. I put some good bike lube on the springs and on the insides of the pins (squeeze them in when you do this). I also dripped some lightweight bike lube into the cable housing from the top. Reassemble and you are all set. Just be careful when squeezaing the pins in with the cover off. Don't pull on the cable when the cover is off, or the whole thing will pop off (I know).

post-68-141842196111_thumb.jpg