Note to New Members ×

Prior WCR181 vs. Nidecker SL170

powdahbonz

Just weighing options here and I've read others feedback on the WCR181 and it gets a lot of love but I've been riding Burton FP's for years and thinking about breaking away. Wrestling w/ a lightly used FP186 or 182, the Prior and the Nidecker. I'm an east coaster that likes big and small turns but if I have to keep the fp171 for shorter and go biggerrrr....the bigger fp or the prior---please opin if you will-thanx

The Nidecker 170 is a great board IMO and new ones can be had for a very reasonable price if you search ebay. They are on the lively side which I prefer to what I feel are overly damp Priors. For east coast trails boards around 170 are perfect IMO. I've never been comfortable with the speed and space I need with longer boards on our narrower trails and there's a HUGE difference between a Nidecker 170 and a Prior WCR 181. You better be on your game all the time with the Prior . Maybe for better riders this would not be an issue but I've got a WCR 175 for sale right now because I just can't ride it - too much board for me.

But like anything else - it's best to ride before you buy if you can.