Note to New Members ×

Pros vs. Joes

photodad2001

late chime in

But I worked with a guy who got a scholarship to CC for ski racing. he skied for them for four years adn went to work in the "real" world, working in Telluride. We skied together in a fun pro am event where some retired world cup guys/gals stacked the tellco team adn Joe, this kid who went to CC we thought would be our saving grace. he got smoked (1+sec)by a gal who was several years older than him and had been retired for several years.

The pros play a game at a totally different level that most of us can't even imagin...

If you have ever seen Jordan play live you know what I'm talking about. The great ones are often several steps ahead of the compitition in their play and anticipation of what is comming and where to be next. i feel like many of them have perfected systems to a much higher level than the rest of us in their performance. Gretz, Mario, tiger, Jordan, Mira, Hawk, White, etc

humbley:o

Makes sense, I wouldn't want to take on Bert Lamar or Terry Kidwell either, but again, not the point. Still Pros competing in the sport they were pros in.