Note to New Members ×

Bear Mt. on Presidents day and further!!

Guest DarkClone

Guest DarkClone

Going to ride Bear on Tuesday the 18 and probably the rest of the week. If you can make it the riding should be good on Silver, possibly great. Went to the session and it was the best conditions ever!! Good carving and also great powder! Saw some unreal riding and would like to talk story to anyone who can make it up to Bear. Darkclone out.........

Guest DarkClone

Pulled into the Bear parking lot at 8:00. High clouds and no wind at base. The grooming looked purrfect and could tell it was going to be uncrowded. Got on the slopes and Rips was just totally rippable?! I know I know. Sunny for rest of day and snow held form on upper runs. Again no one to ride with. Storms are stacking up and this year is def. better than 04/05. Geronimo is finally in top form and has the best snow in S. Cali. SO PLEASE COME UP AND RAIL! Just watch the weather, it is gonna be hit or miss for the next 8 days. Darkclone out.....

Guest DarkClone

Thanks for answering my thread Gdboytyler. First off Mammoth is gonna rock. (DUHH!!!) The powder riding will be killer. Please do not forget the little gem just a few minutes north. JUNE!! Less wind during storms and more untracked pow. I know you know this but sometimes we humans like to go bigger and get more technical. Yesterday was very interesting at Bear. On silver it was 6-10 inches of very dense (not wet) powder that was just so much fun to rip. It had a quality that you could build up speed in the turns because of the consistency of the snow. Only problem was when it got chewed, it was like hitting a wall with the Alpine setup. So different from the snow in Aspen. Boy that was a treat in the morning when it was untracked and in the avie no problem bashing through the very light mash potatoes. Have fun in Mammoth and do some styling for me... DarkClone out.............