Note to New Members ×

mammoth? hookups?

D-Sub

Im starting to get pretty pissed about the misrepresentation, hidden charges, and general rape going on in mammoth...

$62 for a lift ticket is bad enough, but a hotel room for $120 a night?

jeez. its APRIL!

does anyone have any connects? info? suggestions?

(oh, and the best part is..I was gonna buy a pass and then I found out its not good until May 1st. why would they do that?)

feeling a bit pissed at rampant capitalism right now

D-sub,

If you want a season pass, you should get one right NOW ASAP. They are going to sell out by the end of the day today or early tomorrow.

Regarding lodging, I often stay near June which has reasonable rates. Also Toms place has inexpensive rooms too. Staying in town is typically at least $100/night for a hotel. (Motel 6 can be as cheap as $72 though). Also, if its just you heading up, the Davison guest house has hostel style lodging for about $27/night. Google for it.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the info

I was considering buying a pass and getting in some extra days this spring...but...since its only good after may 1 that kinda turned me off.

I just dont see why these places are constantly adding fine print to everything...but I guess thats just me

Last weekend (Thus night to Sat night), I stayed at Mammoth Mtn Inn for $90/night/person and that included lift tickets. So I snowboarded Fri to Sun for free.

They normally have the stay and ski for free from Nov to end of Jan and only good midweek. For whatever reason, they started the program again last week and it included weekends.

I haven't seen a better deal yet. It's great to be able to walk from your room straight to the lifts.

you know what? after talkin to the folks at Mammoth Mountain Inn...

I really really really would like to know how you paid $90 a night including lift tickets!

the best I found was $800 and change for three nights including tickets, and that was mid week!

heh. gettin phased out of mammoth here. funny

D-Sub,

When I had called for reservations, I had asked for the 50th Anniversary Lift and Logding, which starts at $109/person/night and includes lift tickets.

The operator then told me that MM had a better deal going and offered the stay and ski for free package.

If the best you could get was $133/person/night, then I'm assuming all the cheap rooms had already been booked.

you might be right, but the lady I talked to scoffed at the rate you got and made it sound preposterous

its kinda annoying sometimes how you can get different info from two different employees of the same company!

Ill try again tomorrow though. thanks for the response