Note to New Members ×

SoCal Tuning Shops

Thumper

Guest DarkClone

Hi Thumper. Well it is going to be hard to beat Drewbdoobe's tech Cam, but my tech is pretty good. In Arrowbear at Above and Beyond Sports, (you know the A frame on skiers right going to B Bear) the owner Tim is no hacker. Oh noticed the Canyon Lake address, my cousins husband is a water ski enthusiast. Took me to the lake a few times to ski. MY GOD DOES THAT LAKE EVER BLOW OUT!? Every time mirror glass. Jealous in Running Springs. Darkclone out..........

Thumper, Canyon Lake is nice and they do have a course but there are many courses in SoCal. There is one at the quarry in Corona, another at Big Bear Lake in the back of Metcalf Bay. If you want to include the desert into the mix, I can think of 3 that are in the Palm Springs/Indian Wells area and if you go 15 miles east of Barstow there are 9 tournament lakes out there. The lakes out in the desert are designed exclusively for slalom skiing, they even have a jump ramp at a few of them. The lakes are constructed below ground level and are surrounded by Cottonwood trees, if the wind blows it hardly ever disturbs the water. They are also approx. 3-5 feet deep, enought to float a boat and not prop strike the bottom. They are very cool places to go for a day of skiing.

I have skied at most of the lakes in the high desert near Barstow and have also skied at Canyon Lake many times when I worked for the Correct Craft dealer in Riverside, now Norco.

Oh I forgot about the one that is in Mission Bay at the Aquatic Center.

I am not only a carver but a slalom skier as well.