Note to New Members ×

Options for 3-degree 4x4 cant for Burton bindings

BadBrad

I have a couple of sets of Burton race plates, and I have 7-degree cants that will work for either 3D or 4x4 mounting and 3-degree cants that will only work for 3D. I'd like to have some 3-degree that I can use for 4x4 mounting. Other than trying to find some used Burton cants are there any other options, like some universal 4x4 cants/lifts?

I have a couple of sets of Burton race plates, and I have 7-degree cants that will work for either 3D or 4x4 mounting and 3-degree cants that will only work for 3D. I'd like to have some 3-degree that I can use for 4x4 mounting. Other than trying to find some used Burton cants are there any other options, like some universal 4x4 cants/lifts?

There's a thing called a uni-cant. It's made up of two rotating discs so you can set your cant at any angle. The problem is, it's not the strongest thing ever made. You have to be careful about properly engaging a little metal ear in a slot (hard to describe, you have to see it).

Try posting a Wanted ad. There are lots of those things floating around.

If you can't come up with one, you could try to get a shop to mill a wedge out of nylon or aluminum. You can place the wedge under the heel/toe and use longer screws to reattach the heel/toe pieces.

Speaking of wedges, I do have some of the red plastic spacers that go under the heel or toe bails. They also also permit various cant angles. The problem is that if I set some heel lift and cant without toe cant, then the toe and heel pads would not be on the same plane, causing a twisting force. There's probably enough give in the bails to handle a little bit of twisting, but I'd be afraid to go more than a degree or two.