Note to New Members ×

Killington GROUNDHOGDAY! Feb 2nd.

Dave ESPI

I headded to Vt for the first- second of Feb. Will have carve gear with me this time . Riding on Sat. I can get 2 more discount lift tickets for 50.00 if you want to go.

Anyone up for a session ? TOOLATE !

Stayed overnight Friday if anyone wants to party or do dinner for a while too.

EDIT: Post trip = A BUST.

<TABLE class=blue_border style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="80%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Killington... Morelike: Killingtime</TD></TR><TR><TD>Planned a trip for a few weeks, made hotel reservations, was hooked up with lift passes, and was ready for a great day of riding today..... Saddly, it was not to be. Went to VT last night with my buddy Kris, was supposed to meet up with some friends, but due to the freeky weather, they bailed, so it was just the 2 of us. Driving there the roads were not horrible ( not great either but driveable for sure). We stayed at the Bestwestern that I frequent each time now when I go up as it really is super nice and easily acessable, with a great breakfast buffet as well. We took a nap, then went out at around 7 pm to grab dinner. I had suggested to do Italian at a place I had been to before, but we ended up going to The Grist Mill. I ordered the Pork Medallions in apple and mushroom glaze with wildrice, and he got the sirloin and a baked potato. My meal was good. Kris requested Medium rare, and they sent out a medium well to shoe-leather well piece of meat, so we immedately sent it back. His second steak was proper. We cruised around looking for some sort of entertainment, and ended up at the "Wobbley barn" for a cover band that was "OK". Went to bed around 2:30 am, woke up at 7:00 looked out the window and it was not the way the weatherman said it was going to be!

"F-meeeee....this sux... Going back to bed." I laid back down and my buddy got up and did his morning shower stuff with out even looking out the window... LOL.

The wind was howling, and I feared that they would not have full mountain access, but I really didn't want to voice those concerns as once spoken, I'd be screwing the pooch with bad juju-karma. Kris went to get breakfast, I did my "3 S's" and then went to grab breakfast, but I was not really in the mood for waffles even though I know how good they are at teh continental breakfast. I think tomorrow at IKEA Farms I'll stop for pancakes before work at Jiminy. We headded to the mountain, and Kris stopped to drop his very very rusted edge ski's off to the shop to get tuned. and while I waited, he returned to reveal that Killington was indeed "not running".

So I aptly renamed the day .... "Trip to Killingtime". We went to the K1 lodge, and got to hang out with an old instructor friend; Eden Cross a while, catch up on current events, and got a few trinkets and Kris FINALY found a helmet that he liked... LOL I shot a quick video of how windy it was and the clouds were moving sooooooo fast!

On the way back to the jeep, I decided a short cut into the wrong lot was in order (by accident) so to make the best of it, I jokingly said to Kris " I'm gunnah comando roll this biotch... came all this way and damn it, I'm going to get some snow on me"... he laughed as I proceeded to front flip down the embankment to the car and we left to go get some lunch and hit a hobby shop since it was "something to do". Trip back home was somber, but it was still a good time cause we managed to get out of Albany. Sux that we went 240 miles or so roundtrip and didn't strap the gear on for a single run, but atleast it is 100.00 saved for another day.

Oh, and while everywhere else got nasty ice and mixed precip, the mountain had 7 inches of the good stuff... too bad we could only see the first 500 feet of it.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>