Note to New Members ×

Sunday River Hardbooter

Boarder_Ted

Hey there. Was up at S.R. today (Sunday) and saw two others on Prior 4WD's. Talked to one of the guys on the slopes but there was another purty new 4wd with T.D.2's in the rack at Southridge. I was just wondering if it belonged to anyone here. Nice topographical topsheet.

I actually had to ditch mine and switch to softboots. Things got bumped up fast and it was a crowded Sunday. Sigh...I long for those midweek days.

That was me. I saw your Prior when I got to the mountain and was hoping to run into you when I came back out, but no such luck. I ran into one guy (not on a prior) over on the Jordan Bowl. NLM I think I saw you and your wife again from afar.

I had a great morning, but by 11 or 12 it was pretty bumpy and crowded. I messed around for awhile, but packed it in around 2. Are you up there often? I'm getting anxious to take a day off and ride on a weekday up there. I'm hoping its a ghost town next weekend with the Superbowl :confused:

Angie

Nice ta meetcha.

Yeah, I try to ride weekdays. It really is like night and day compared to weekends (Especially today!). But work doesn't always allow it (pesky job). I am, however, up there just about every Sunday. Usually hit the mountain when it opens at 8 and ride hardboots until the crowds or the trails get to be too much.

Superbowl Sundays aren't too bad. Things certainly thin out early too. I'll be there, weather permitting. Give a shout if you're looking for a riding partner. I'll convince my wife not to be too jealous. lol

Ted

Does "Bob" happen to ride an old P.J. with 5 hole bindings? We saw one there yesterday. I haven't seen gear that old on the hill in years. Having said that, my brother and I both picked up versions of our first boards for our own personal retro day. He'll be on an old Gnu and I have my Burton Cruise. Aught to be a hoot! :biggthump

I'll be there next weekend. The other half is coming with me and will be re-learning how to ski, so I may be on the baby trails all day. Although, meeting up with you for a few turns will give me a good excuse to abandon him for a little while :eplus2:

Ski bum from maine may have been the guy I ran into...hmmm...

I'm sure bob has a bunch of old gear. I saw him at Killington BMMC last year and his crew had the best spot on the hill, sportin' a boil of crawdaddies and some tasty hurricanes in a giant jug. We went out for burgers and all the bartenders knew him.Next day, I ran into angie, noah and voysey.