Note to New Members ×

Gerab Riser Plates

Towers

Gerab Riser Plates 2 pair for sale (brand new). These come from Italy and work similar to Hangl Plates and everything that is out there. I have used some since last year and love them for a couple reasons. One they use the same hole pattern as your bindings so you don't have to screw into your board and they are transfirable from one board to the next. Two they allow for a cleaner flex under the binding as the black foam compresses. Three they give you more leverage and last they transfer more power to the edge of the board. I know a couple other guys on them as well and they like them a lot. Selling for $400 cdn each.

post-1561-141842248142_thumb.jpg

post-1561-141842248144_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

no worries my man.

just trying to keep everything positive when guys introduce new and hard to find equiptment, it seems they get bashed alot. what people dont understand is the effort that is required to purchase some of these new - hard to find products. oftentimes you wait for months to get the product- deal with sporadic (when you are lucky) emails, no directions whatsoever for mounting, etc...

i dont want to sound harsh- just trying to keep everyone honest.

• 1 month later...

I don't see a problem with it unless you are riding with the burton cant plates under your bindings. I have about 4 athletes riding with these plates all with F2 bindings and some are riding with toe and heal lift only while others are riding with cants and lift. I personally have been on a set of plates for two years now and I have been riding with toe and heel left. No can't and I have not found a problem at all.

Do the plates use there own set of holes to mount to the board, and then the binding mount on top? Or do you use longer screws to mount the bindings through the plate to the board?

I ask because I just got some hangles, but the boards need to be inserted on the sides of the board to accomadate the hangle. This looks like to ticket.

Thanks for your input.

Shane

Tahoecarver - I can see a problem with the burton ones as they will put you even higher off the board and you will have alot of leverage.

Shane - They use either longer bolts right from your binding through the plate into the board. I have drilled holes in the plates so you can counter sink shorter bolts that will mount the plate to the board then you can mount your binding to the board. But on a set that I run I stripped out one of the holes I drilled. So you could run them either way.

Towers, Thanks for explaining the setup.

Colintkemp, Hangles and I believe the Gerab virtually eliminate any twist on the board. What I noticed is that when you are in the lift line with a standard binding to board set-up you can slightly twist the board when your foot is in the front binding and you lift on your toe or heel. The board with twist torsionally. With the hangle/gerab setup the twist is almost all removed. So transfer that to riding when you are pusing hard. It is hard to notice a difference until you ride with a plate setup and go to a standard board/binding setup.

I rode mine for three days on nice groomers ( Kessler w/hangle). My next day back was two-three of new and chopped up when I got to the Mt. I rode a donek axxess 182 which I think is a great board, however it felt very twisty and torsionally not what I wanted anymore after riding hangles. Granted I am a 225-230 lbs. I think if you are big Hangles or Gerabs might be a great addition to some boards for a better riding performance.

Shane

• 1 month later...