Note to New Members ×

Aspen are carving this weekend (Jan. 26-27)?

Guest Aspen Carver

Guest Aspen Carver

I finally got my entire set-up together and hit the slopes by myself this weekend so I wouldn't make a complete fool of myself when I met up with some of you guys, and I had a BLAST. I'm starting really get my toe side turn down, but I'm still getting some chatter during my heel side turn. It sure would be nice to have someone with some experience give me a few pointers.

Sooo...anyone in the Aspen are what to go do some carving this coming weekend (January 26th or 27th, or both)? It would be nice to get a better handle on this before SES so I could keep up with everyone.

Hope to see you this weekend.

Mark

Guest Aspen Carver

Sounds good Ray. Where are you coming in from?

We got a little snow last night (about 3"), but it's nice and sunny right now so it should make for some good conditions by the time you get here.

Contact me via bomberonline, or give me a call at 970-729-0628 and we can hit the hill together. I mostly go on the weekends (due to work), but I might be able to sneak away for a little while during the week if need be.

Mark

Sounds good Ray. Where are you coming in from?

We got a little snow last night (about 3"), but it's nice and sunny right now so it should make for some good conditions by the time you get here.

Contact me via bomberonline, or give me a call at 970-729-0628 and we can hit the hill together. I mostly go on the weekends (due to work), but I might be able to sneak away for a little while during the week if need be.

Mark

Sounds good.

Coming from LA. Staying directly in Aspen. Will be on all 4 mountains, but prefer Ajax in the mornings and head over to Buttermilk in the afternoon...

It's XGames weekend so if I make it on Sat. I'll be over on the Tiehack lift and will park there too. It's usually empty over there during Xgames. Stay away from the front side of Buttermilk if you do go there. It's a royal pain dealing with the bottom cluster with Xgames.

I'll not know if I'm going until the last minute Sat. morning. I wake up and look at the weather and if visibilty is good I'll be there otherwise I'll do something else..I will be wearing a white jacket with red pants off silver helmet and be riding a blue/white floral print Coiler. I may have my camera backpack on too so I can take some pictures of you to help see your heel side issues.

Joel

Hey Ray, Mark, and Paul,

I might be able to join you guys for part of Sunday, have to figure out baby-sitting. Ray, call me on Sat when you guys have the plan.

Looks like decent carving on Saturday, and part of Sunday, but snow moving in on Sunday afternoon into Monday, with quite a bit of pow forcast.

Hopefully see you all on Sunday!!!

Guest Aspen Carver

JoelP/ Todd,

Due to the fact that it IS X-Games weekend I was going to try and avoid the whole Buttermilk area like the plague and maybe do some runs on Snowmass, but I'm for anything. It will only be my second time on a carving board so it would be nice to meet some other hard booters. Give me a call (970-729-0628) and we can make a decision on when and where to meet.

Mark

Mark,

I'll call you today, Friday. I have to go to tiehack on Sat. there are others I'm also meeting there who only have Buttermilk/Highlands passes and they like Tiehack. In years past as long as we don't go down the front (quad) side we'll not see anyone all day other than us. EVERYONE stays away from Buttermilk during the games which leaves is to us :lol::lol::lol::lol: Also there may be the lone front ranger coming over to visit for the day to ride with us too.

Talk soon, Joel