Note to New Members ×

Looking for wisdom about the Deeluxe Indy boot

dagranov

Hello,

I just picked up the Mango colored Deeluxe Indy boots. Ive been riding Raichle 325's for the last 4-5 years, they are finally falling apart.

What I'm wondering is in order to adjust the forward lean to the same level as the old #4 setting on the 325's... how many turns on the top and bottom?

How is it walking in these compared to the 325's?

What spring stiffness option comes with em and what is available aftermarket?

Do you like this twist system?

Can it be replaced with the old forward lean system?

Anything else I need to know about em???

I've ridden nothing but Raichley for the last 9 years. Hated the old shell, this one seems better and was a deal. Wish me luck!!!

What I'm wondering is in order to adjust the forward lean to the same level as the old #4 setting on the 325's... how many turns on the top and bottom?
Put your old boots beside the new... adjust as necessary.

Use a 3mm allen key to adjust the upper nut up/down to give the proper lean angle. Adjust the lower nut to give proper spring preload. More preload equals more force required to flex the ankle forward.

What spring stiffness option comes with em and what is available aftermarket?
Boots originally came with 2 spring sets. One set is silver in colour and has a lower rate. Second set was gold in colour and has a much higher rate.
Can it be replaced with the old forward lean system?
Yes. Gently tap the end of retaining pins to move them slightly out of their holes. Look at the exposed end of the pin to see if knurling is evident. If yes, keep tapping the pin out of hole. If no... tap pin in the other direction.

I tried the springs for 2 seasons and just didn't like them. I swapped the 5 position lean from an older set of Raichle's and like it better. I was going to go to the BTS system but they always seem to be back ordered. Making the swap was easy just tap the pins out at the top and bottom of the springs. Note there is a rough end and a smooth end. Once determined (have to tap a bit to see the side), tap the pin out so that the rough side has minimal contact with the plastic. Then just remove the spring, take the 5 position lean and reposition the pins.