Note to New Members ×

Experiences with aftermarket liners in Malamutes/Softies

kmartshopper

I'm thinking about trying Intuition liners in my Malamutes, and the only two comments my forum searches revealed were "less stiff" and "more stiff". :freak3:

My malamutes are packing out and the inner laces are shredded, so I tried my shin padding (skinny legs) and booster straps from my hardboots in them. GREAT IDEA and big improvement. Got me thinking of stuffing some *real* formable liners in them to deal with an ankle hotspot.

I've molded thermoflex liners in my HB's and am well aware that they are another universe of moldability vs. the 'moldable' liners that come in the Malamutes.

So has anyone done this with their malamutes or any other similar stiff softie? What type of liner did you get - Intuition Comp, powerwrap, alpine? The Deeluxe ones seem too high... but maybe not. More comfy and at least as stiff as OEM?

________

ONE TREE HILL FORUM

Get some 32 boots off of e-bay. Softies with Intuition liners already in them. I just picked up a new pair of boots for $41. Look for the ones with level 3 to 5 but these don't have the inner laces built into them. Head and Nidecker also makes some boots with Thermo liners in them. Also, can be had for cheap on E-bay.