Note to New Members ×

What board/equipment next?

Guest paulusk

Guest paulusk

Hi all, new to this community. I have been boarding since 1990 and actually learned to snowboard in hardboots - I have always continued to board in those same boots and after three kids just picked up the sport again and dusted off my fatbob. I realized that things have moved along and and I need an equipment upgrade. I love doing bumps, but I am also a fan of carving turns and definitely do not want to give up my hard boot control. I am wondering what would be the best setup in terms of boots/board and style in general to be able to do bumps but also carve nice turns. I am not sure but I think a very long alpine board would be hard to handle on a mogul run... Any suggestions, or comments pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated! Maybe I need two boards ...

Thanks

Paul

I would lean toward something like a Prior ATV or 4x4. Good all mountain board that will carve. You might even want a stiffer freeride board to use with plates. Something like a Nidecker Proto which can be riden with either soft boots or hard would also be a good choice along with the new Donek Razor softboot carver. A good stiff free ride board like an Arbor A-frame or something would probably be your best choice.