Note to New Members ×

Race to the Cup Resumes & TV Schedule For SBX & PGS

gburgess

Race to the Cup Resumes in Colorado January 4 - 5 in Steamboat Springs

For full details go to: http://nessg.com/2008rttc_resumes010408.shtml

TV Schedule for SBX and PGS

For complete schedule go to http://nessg.com home page under "Other Northeast Snow Sports News"

If you want to help grow the sport let the folks at Versus and NBC know you'll be watching. feedback@versus.com feedback@nbcsports.com

Sat. Feb 09 3pm Visa U.S. Snowboardcross Invitational, Tamarack, ID Versus

Sat. Feb 16 4:30pm Visa U.S. Snowboardcross Invitational, Tamarack, ID

NBC

Mon. Mar 03 5pm Visa U.S. Snowboard Cup -SBX, Lake Placid, NY

Versus

Sat. Mar 08 2pm Visa U.S. Snowboard Cup - SBX, Lake Placid, NY

NBC

Sun. Mar 09 4pm Visa U.S. Snowboard Cup- PGS, Lake Placid, NY

Versus

Thanks for the info GB...and the feedback links - we should get a concentrated campaign goingn here on BOL to have as many people as possible tell those folks we watched the coverage...then MAYBE we'll get more of it on the tube.

As far as letting us know about the Whiteface PGS on TV goes...well...not only are you an "old" army ranger, you are a "slow" army ranger as well....dude:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=17740

But we like you anyways. ;)

I don't like to think of it as "slow." Rather, I like to think of it as someone who takes a little more time to appreciate every gate I round. You know the stop and smell the roses approach to snowboard racing.

I agree about a concentrated campaign. I’ve been encouraging folks since summer to write. I think Versus is our best shot as they set aside a lot of time for less known sports such as ours. The more airtime we get, the more potential for increasing interest and participation in the sport. It would be great if we could get some coverage for the RTTC finals.

I don't like to think of it as "slow." Rather, I like to think of it as someone who takes a little more time to appreciate every gate I round. You know the stop and smell the roses approach to snowboard racing.

GB - didn't mean slow on the course, was ribbing you about being slow on reporting the Whiteface PGS races on TV ... my link goes to the thread I posted about it weeks ago.

How'd Pico go? Sandor showed up for the two slaloms at Bromley today...he's gone Open Class on us...way to show up those other 60+ year olds!! John Kelley raced too...what a great weekend!

GB - didn't mean slow on the course, was ribbing you about being slow on reporting the Whiteface PGS races on TV ... my link goes to the thread I posted about it weeks ago.

How'd Pico go? Sandor showed up for the two slaloms at Bromley today...he's gone Open Class on us...way to show up those other 60+ year olds!! John Kelley raced too...what a great weekend!

Got ya. FYI. My last post was the second time I posted the info. The first time was on October 26th, 2007. So...

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=17185

Pico. They set a really nice course. The slalom was longer than any course I have been on. Personally, I sucked on SL. Ice and dull edges. I had one good run on the GS and blew my second run when I fell after hitting a rut. I need a lot of work. Cool about Sandor. If he had to race 60+ beyond last year, I think he would quit racing. 61 year old Sandor racing Open Class. DD racing legend. Ha. Ha. Ha. Give me a break!

Got ya. FYI. My last post was the second time I posted the info. The first time was on October 26th, 2007. So...

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=17185

I was just kidding - I know you are too fast for me to even hope to keep up! ;)

Pico. They set a really nice course. The slalom was longer than any course I have been on. Personally, I sucked on SL. Ice and dull edges. I had one good run on the GS and blew my second run when I fell after hitting a rut. I need a lot of work. Cool about Sandor. If he had to race 60+ beyond last year, I think he would quit racing. 61 year old Sandor racing Open Class. DD racing legend. Ha. Ha. Ha. Give me a break!

Good to hear! Good for Juliet! The snow Sunday was tricky - wet cement.

I've been lobbying for some of my fellow Legends to go to Open with me, but no luck so far...I'm not going unless JK and Scott go too...not gonna leave the Legends class to them! JK pretty much said never though. Railey went Op last year. Either way, it's still a great time!

Will you be at Wa-Wa-Wachusett Sunday...if there is still snow that is?

-RF

I was just kidding - I know you are too fast for me to even hope to keep up! ;)

Good to hear! Good for Juliet! The snow Sunday was tricky - wet cement.

I've been lobbying for some of my fellow Legends to go to Open with me, but no luck so far...I'm not going unless JK and Scott go too...not gonna leave the Legends class to them! JK pretty much said never though. Railey went Op last year. Either way, it's still a great time!

Will you be at Wa-Wa-Wachusett Sunday...if there is still snow that is?

-RF

I know a RF joke when I see one. But that's not going to stop me from laying down a GB follow-up.

I'm planning on going to Wa Sunday, if they still have snow (as you note).

I believe my mess up in the GS was due to a lack of conditioning. If my legs were in better shape, I don't think I would have gone down. Also, I failed to stay on edge when rounding the gate. If I were on edge I would not have gone down.

I think I'm beginning to see the impact of many years of beating up my body. Since Summer, everytime I try to start regular workouts, be it my back, a muscle, a tendon... whatever, something pulls or goes out on me. Thus I'm forced to stop working out for a week or two, and start up again. I spend enough time strecthing, but it doesn't keep me from these encountering these problems. The crazy thing is when it happens I'm usually doing next to nothing, non-workout related. Sunday evening after I got back from CVT, I had a slight muscle pull. I don't think it will keep me from racing, but it keeps me from doing other forms of exercise. Fight on!

I know you've had your own share of problems as well. Hopefully you're holding up better.