Note to New Members ×

USASA events canceled Catskil Region 1-5-08 ARGH !

Dave ESPI

Argh !

I was looking forward to doing a race this week as the first of year and me being back on a "serious" race circut for the first time since 2002.

Was all set for a good slalom race this weekend at Windham... then I got an email :

1/5/08 & 1/06/08

Slalom, Halfpipe & Slopestyle events cancelled

Unfortunately, Windham is not able to pull off a halfpipe event this weekend. Also, due to Windham’s changing personnel, the scheduling of this weekend’s slopestyle event wasn’t confirmed correctly and they were not aware of Sunday’s event.

In order to consolidate our CMS tour stops, we will be rescheduling this weekend’s events.

We hope you take advantage of this weekend to train in the halfpipe. If Windham’s pipe is not able to open during the weekend, Hunter does have their pipe open.

To confirm, the 1/5/08 & 1/06/08 Slalom, Halfpipe & Slopestyle events at Windham have been cancelled and therefore there will be no CMS events this weekend.

Ohwell... just going to have to see what happens witht his next week's warm up.

That's a bummer about the Catskills, we ran some dual events with them last year, there a good bunch and always put on a good show.

If you're interested, we'll be having our races, GS and SL, at Ski Ward in Shrewsbury on Sunday. You can find all the details at www.ridemass.org.

The more the merrier!

We'll also be training gates at Ski Ward from 2-5 on Saturday, so you're more than welcome to join us.

Steve

This weekend we will be having two dual slaloms at Camelback and two dual giant slaloms on sunday as well.

these are legit races, and i'll be doing the setting. you can still register on site.

www.snowboardseries.com

we usually get 55 or so racers.

weather each day is good, with a high of 40 on saturday and 42 on sunday.

Noah-

oh man. If i knew you were running the show, I'd go do my local NASTAR race! hahaha.

Just kidding bro!

Happy New Year to you as well.

Dave It looks like you've got great options all around, as Noah is no joke.

Everyone have a fast, safe race week.

Hope all is good up north for you Noah.

Later On- time to go wax.

Neil

sfleck, as soon as you say "I'll set today" nc will be off to the pub and we won't see him for the rest of the day.

the only reason you won't see me is because you can't keep up...on the slopes or in the pub! and definitely not on the way to the pub!!!!!

the only reason you won't see me is because you can't keep up...on the slopes or in the pub! and definitely not on the way to the pub!!!!!

NC. I sure hope you're faster than a 52 year old newbie racer. Your the man when it comes to the pub racing, but back in my day, I could chug with the best of them. Believe me, I killed more than my share of brain cells.

NC. I sure hope you're faster than a 52 year old newbie racer. Your the man when it comes to the pub racing, but back in my day, I could chug with the best of them. Believe me, I killed more than my share of brain cells.

you've obviously killed brain cells...

you are a 52 year old newbie racer :lol:

And that is exactly why we love having you around. looking forward to putting one or two down after the race tomorrow. plan on heading to AJ's, just down the road from ward for post race "training" session...

NC. I'll be racing up in CVT this weekend, but am planning on coming to Wachusett next weekend.

Our man sfleck mentioned that you'll be resuming the workouts at Ward on Wednesday evenings (I'm not sure when you are starting). I'm going to try my best to drive up from Hartford after work. The first Wednesday evening I make it up, to celebrate your swiftness on the slopes and in the pub, I got your first one at AJ's.

By the way, I'll be 53 in April, and my first season of boarding/racing was 2004 (never skied). For the most part I took last season off so I really only have three full seasons of boarding/racing under my old newbie belt. What can I say, I'm an old Army Ranger--we don't die without a fight.

Hey Dave, you gotta travel if you are going to be "serious" about racing! The last three years I've raced in the Catskill, Mass., Southern VT (home series for me), Central VT, Northern VT, NH and Maine series'. You'll meet tons of cool people, get plenty of racing in, learn a LOT, and just plain have a blast! The furthest I've driven to race is 5 hours - the Catskills...it's all there for the taking.

Now for my weekend report: Southern VT series opener today - GS at Bromley - 65 racers and PERFECT snow conditions, about 20-25 degrees and no wind. Sweet.

Neil, your boy Justin M. did pretty well today...a little sketch here and there on the second run (a re-set course) dropped him just off the overall podium, but I believe hen was second in Youths. I took the overall, which I certainly wasn't expecting as it was only my third day on snow this year, and second in gates. Indrik Trahan from Canada (but now with SMS) was second, and Brendan Connolly third.

Noah and Steve - I plan to come down to Wahhh-Wa-Wachusett next weekend to race to the pub with you dudes and the "old army ranger" guy. It will be great to see all of you. Is J. Friends going to be there?

It feels SO EFFIN COOL to be back out on the race course! Had a lot of things keeping me away from the hill so far this year and it really makes you realize what a privilege it is to be able physically, financially, and emotionally to be out there racing...we are SO LUCKY!!

Best of luck to all of you out there doin' it - go fast and take chances!! Come hang with us Dave...just do it!

:) - Rick

Congrats Rick on the Overall. I know there are a lot of very solid riders in SV. Looks like you're picking up where you left off last season. See you next week.

Dave, let me second Rick's comments about visiting series outside the Catskills. The great thing about all the USASA series in the northeast is that they all treat you like you belong regardless of whether you are a member of that series or just visiting. Like Rick, I've raced in all the northeast series at least twice, and always found them friendly and willing to help. I'm not part of the Mass series, but whenever they have evening gate training during the week NC and sfleck are more than willing to give even an old guy some tips.

By the way, if you snowboard or skateboard (racing) tips, touch base with Rick. The man knows how to fly in both sports!

George

Thanks, yeah !I'm headded to NH for a week, so I'll see if I can sneek in a race somewhere along the way. Any racing in Vermont ?

I have never raced in hardboots..... I don't think I will this season, but I'm quick in my soft set up, and I got out yesterday on my new old stock Rozzi twin tip and I was tearing up the slopes and down the NASTAR course at windham, so I'm confident :)

Off to Jiminy (work ... GAH !) :1luvu:

Lots of racing in Vermont.

USASA CVT

Feb 24 2008 Giant Slalom #2 Whaleback Central Vermont GS|

Feb 24 2008 Slalom #2 Whaleback Central Vermont SL|

Mar 02 2008 Giant Slalom #3 Pico Mountain Resort Central Vermont GS|

Mar 02 2008 Slalom #3 Pico Mountain Resort Central Vermont SL|

USASA SVT

Feb 09 2008 Duel GS #2 Bromley Southern Vermont GS|

Feb 09 2008 Duel GS #3 Bromley Southern Vermont GS|

Feb 10 2008 Slalom #3 Bromley Southern Vermont SL|

USASA NVT

Jan 20 2008 GS #1 Smugglers Notch Northern Vermont GS|

Jan 20 2008 GS #2 Smugglers Notch Northern Vermont GS|

Jan 20 2008 Slalom #1 Smugglers Notch Northern Vermont SL|

Jan 20 2008 Slalom #2 Smugglers Notch Northern Vermont SL|

Feb 03 2008 GS #3 Smugglers Notch Northern Vermont GS|

Feb 03 2008 GS #4 Smugglers Notch Northern Vermont GS|

Feb 03 2008 Slalom #3 Smugglers Notch Northern Vermont SL|

Feb 03 2008 Slalom #4 Smugglers Notch Northern Vermont SL|

Thanks, yeah !I'm headded to NH for a week, so I'll see if I can sneek in a race somewhere along the way. Any racing in Vermont ?

I have never raced in hardboots..... I don't think I will this season, but I'm quick in my soft set up, and I got out yesterday on my new old stock Rozzi twin tip and I was tearing up the slopes and down the NASTAR course at windham, so I'm confident :)

Off to Jiminy (work ... GAH !) :1luvu:

Dave, all the info you need on these pages...

http://usasa.memberpro.net/main/body.cfm?menu=regions&language=E

$75 to join, plus race entry fees - some series also charge a series fee but it's generally worth it...lots of extras and good organization. Beware that there is pre-reg for some series...read their info carefully!

I'm home sick this week........ apparently the mountains are really suffering aswell.... I can only hope that this weekend cools back down.. or else I may be swinging golf clubs again really soon !

:lol:

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD dir=ltr>Wow. What a week – and it’s only Wednesday.</I>

Due to this week’s unbelievable weather, the weekend events need to be rescheduled.

After lengthy discussions with our resorts, they feel they can provide a much better product after this “January thaw.” To that end, we will be rescheduling this weekend’s events.

THIS WEEKEND’S EVENTS (1/12/08 & 1/13/08) ARE POSTPONED & WILL BE RESCHEDULED.

Check your email and our websites tomorrow as the full, revised schedule will be confirmed and posted.

Our contacts at the resorts are doing all they can to allow for our athletes to not miss out on competition experience and national point acquisition.

As some of you have pointed out, we have scheduled the most events in the nation and we are working diligently with the resorts to keep our schedule in tact. It is our hope that with the resorts’ cooperation we will still be able to host nearly all events originally scheduled this season.

We do appreciate your patience with regard to all of this as we here at CMS are also an outside entity and rely on the individual resorts for facility management.

Again, we will have a new schedule of events posted tomorrow.

Thank you for your time and patience.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT>// Script broken into two blocks. There is a </head> in the document.write in// the script above which IE is lax about. See bugs 4553030/31, 5047193.var doc = documentvar form = document.formvar form1 = document.form1var form2 = document.form2var errno = 0arg=window.location.search;//AKif (!refreshing) { if (arg.length > 6 && arg.substring(0, 7) == 'bgcolor') color(arg.substring(8, arg.length)) f = eval('parent.' + self.name + 'Init') if (f) { f() }}// Note: the <body> tag is defined in main.js and written out when a given// frame's html is created.</SCRIPT><SCRIPT> /**Enable backspace for text editing*/ if (NN>=5){ setBkspEvtHndlr("input");//specifically for text elements. checkboxes/radio will not affect normal execution setBkspEvtHndlr("textarea"); setBkspEvtHndlr("browse"); }</SCRIPT>