Note to New Members ×

Still here still teaching

EnisiWaya

Hi guys and gals! :)

Just copying some of my note to Michelle to you all.

Eric where are you buddy?

Carvers and want to be carvers are welcome at Ragged we have two new grooming machines so I hope we will have good courderoy this year.

Well my move to McCall ID got sidelined by the insane tripling of housing and real estate thanks to Tamarack. So we re-thought and planned to go to southeast KY where my tribe has a land base (I'm half Native American). I had planned to go 4each on weekends and just drive our new domicile a self made 40ft Prevost LeMirage bus conversion 2 hours over to Beach Mountain.

Unfortunately, the house sale fell through after we were already moved into the bus in the middle of Nov. So It is one more winter in NH. The new owners of Ragged Mountain Resort, Danbury, NH are doing a good job of bringing the MT back up to snuff at the cost of millions of $$$$$.

I see that the last update for carving board lessons in NH was 2005.

Pat Burdick, My Protege is back as snowboard supervisor and I am there also. He and I will ride trees, race board, carving board, barrel staves, flying discs, tele-boards, whatever, and can teach at all levels and are ASSI certified.

Last year I had 6 recruits for my carving team but Ragged's rubber paychecks and bankruptcy kind of squashed that.

I hope to re-start the carving team after I get our snowboard staff through the required season start clinics just so they can teach lessons.

Sincerely,

Chase H. Kenyon

P.S. My name tag at the mountain has my Native American name "Enisi Waya" on it and most of my under 17 year old students just call me the English translation of that Cherokee which is "Grandfather Wolf." I'm really happy to be starting my 42 professional snow sports teaching season. I will try and get some pics of us and email them in the next few weeks. :D