Note to New Members ×

Waveflex technology

Skalpel

Hello!

Elan, a snowboard and ski manufacturer from my country (Slovenia) released new skis last year, (I think). Anyway, they developed new ski technology called waveflex technology. I'm shure many of you heard of it. They even won an award for it (European ski award), plus this year, they won the red dot design award for the skis.

Here is a quote from the Elan's site (http://www.elansports.com/pc.asp)

"Never before has a ski design allowed the seperation and independent optimization of longitudinal and torsional flex properties. characterized by the waved profile, WaveFlex Technology provides smooth longitudinal flex and powerful edge hold for versitale high performance skiing.

... "

Anyway, do you think that this is something that could some day find it's way into snowboarding? Has anything like this been tried before? Elan doesnt make alpine boards anymore (they produced the excellent Balistic model)... I know that some bord manufactures read this forum and I'd love to hear their thoughts on this technology (or something similar) being used with alpine snowboards...

Here is just a small picture of what it looks like in the rough:

elan%20waveflex3.jpg