Note to New Members ×

Too much rain in Seattle last night.

C5 Golfer

WOW, that is crazy. Looks like the Sockeye got a bit lost on his migration upstream. At least now he doesn't have to worry about those pesky dams and fish ladders. It appears that there are more salmon on the side of the road waiting to negotiate the traffic. Swim, Don't Swim.

WOW, that is crazy. Looks like the Sockeye got a bit lost on his migration upstream. At least now he doesn't have to worry about those pesky dams and fish ladders. It appears that there are more salmon on the side of the road waiting to negotiate the traffic. Swim, Don't Swim.

I think that is a Chum salmon.. Sockeye went upstream a while back - but I could be wrong.

There are so many roads closed and or damaged. Ski areas lost the snow they had. Saturday we had 29 deg weather here and now it is 60 deg. golf courses have river running thru the greens and fairways. Toliets are flushing backwards in some houses - damn thats not good.

here is the story at TV 4 with photo.

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/12035646.html

Many people are flooded out, this was the 2nd biggest rainfall in Seattle area in 65 years... Maybe I should build an Ark.

Anyway Salmon seem to like the roads better than river beds. Maybe his GPS got wet!

where is that? looks like the Skok valley. does it there every year, reporters love it.

I just talked with my neighbor who had his house catch on fire awhile back. What had happed was the gramma was cooking in a wok and the oil boiled over and caught on fire and took the kitchen and dining room and most of the front of the house in seconds. Anyway the contruction crew who he has changed due to non-performance 3 times is just about finished redoing most of the house. I have watch this botched job over the past many months and have always wondered how sound the roof was after the fire since it burned up thru the areas over the kitchen , dining and living room. They patched it up here and there - not taking all the roof cover off and redoing it from scratch-- well you guessed it -- the roof leaked in many places -- all over the new wood work inside.