Note to New Members ×

22.5 width in soft boots? MLY Shannon Melhouse?

DiveBomber

Looking at this board width with a 22.5, Im wondering if with riser/palmer plates and some angles, its might work? even though im wearing 12's?

what can anyone tell me about it?

Why soft boot? Still looking around for smoking deals, hey?

That is an all mountain board that has not been made in ages. It is like the Nidecker Proto, Donek Axxess, Prior 4X4, Coiler AM, SG Cult and more fun hardbooted. In soft boots just rock it at high angles.

Why soft boot? Still looking around for smoking deals, hey?

That is an all mountain board that has not been made in ages. It is like the Nidecker Proto, Donek Axxess, Prior 4X4, Coiler AM, SG Cult and more fun hardbooted. In soft boots just rock it at high angles.

I dont like wide boards, I have enough hard boot boards, This would just be and extra selection for BX

No one really makes a narrow BX board, But Id like to experiment with using a board with soft boots thats narrow than a regular freeride deck

Looking at this board width with a 22.5, Im wondering if with riser/palmer plates and some angles, its might work? even though im wearing 12's?

what can anyone tell me about it?

You must be referring the MLY "Signature" Shannon Melhuse. Not the MLY "Race" also by Shannon.

One of D-Sub's favorite rides. He will be happy to tell you about it. Or do a couple searches and it will likely be found.

I dont like wide boards, I have enough hard boot boards, This would just be and extra selection for BX

No one really makes a narrow BX board, But Id like to experiment with using a board with soft boots thats narrow than a regular freeride deck

Ha! check out All Boards Sports for a volkl cross 167. They may have the SG cross 169w but may be too much mulla for ya.

I'll +1 to D-Sub.

THough I've never rode that board, my 12.5's on my A-Frame (waist of 25.2) with Nidecker Pro800 and Palmer risers I couldn't go below 22f,r and be completely devoid of boot out. I cut some sole material off the heels and toes on my boots to allow shallower angles, but that only got me to 18r and still boot out on heelside. On that you'd likely be at 40+.

J