Note to New Members ×

Canuck Wins South of the Border

Chubz

Not sure if you guys follow this, but Kevin Rimes from BC beat a local Brazilian at Teutonia over the weekend. Good article on what went down and apparently it was a number of riders and lugers (sp?) falling or tumbling.

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/

You can also search youtube for Teutonia 2007 for the finish, the first few are trailers for the race, but it is towards the top. these boys are cookin' :biggthump

113km/hr (70.2 MPH)was the fastest speed recorded prior to equipment malfunctioning.

I just broke the 50 MPH barrier over the weekend, so adding 20 to that is partially insane. :freak3:

K-Rimes is gifted to say the least...more so when you realize he had his knee rebuilt last year after ripping it open on a guard rail at an outlaw race last year.

said that Dalua tried to slingshot out of the draft twice the first time he got wobbles so he waited until the finish to try again...and he crashed trying at the finish. BTW the winning wheel was a set of Lime Big Zigs (though he spent most of the weekend on 70mm Pink Zig Zags) the losing wheel was a set of what used to be the traditional DH wheel 97mm Fly's. Reflex Thane has certainly revolutionized speedboarding

What makes it even better is that I understand it was the first time Kevin was ever at Teutonia. Dalua has plenty of experience on this hill and won the championship many times in the past. sI tis cool to see a noob to the hill come in and stomp the locals.

I dont know this kid, but he gives the gumption to wanna go faster, even if I am 20 years older than him.

Looks like lime BZ may be on order instead of the speed vents.

What deck is he riding?

I think he was riding a Carbon/Bamboo Rayne Hellcat (I've seen a Carbon/Bamboo Rayne Avenger, very nice boards) Rayne is is main sponsor. He also uses precision DH Trucks probably Kalahani's but I am not sure. He's young and talented so wheel people give him lots of urethane to play with . Kevin was running an open hill/road in Colorado last month in the mid 70's as training for Brazil...on 71mm/81a Bennett Alligators, you don't need big wheels to go fast but choosing the right hardness for you weight/style is important

Speedvents are drifty wheels (not that there's anything wrong with that)...especially at 85mm but even at 77mm, Big Zigs and Avila's will drift but are much better at sticking to the ground.

Magun's....Kahalani's....insert your overpriced CNC'd truck here________awesome to look at but unlike TD2's/OS2's the average skater really isn't gonna notice a difference (I say this because I didn't notice a difference and I am really and average skater at best) between a tuned Randal/Force/Crail and one of these works of metallic art....now that won't stop me from buying a Pogo 35* plate (yes the same Pogo) for my drop through next summer but there is a huge difference between $50 for a plate and $175+ for one truck. Yes K-Rimes has a quiver but I'd be willing to bet there at least 3 Hellcats in it

Magun's....Kahalani's....insert your overpriced CNC'd truck here________awesome to look at but unlike TD2's/OS2's the average skater really isn't gonna notice a difference (I say this because I didn't notice a difference and I am really and average skater at best) between a tuned Randal/Force/Crail and one of these works of metallic art.

Completely agree that the fancy CNC downhill trucks won't make a difference for the average downhill skater.

Slalom trucks on the other hand.... This less-than-average slalomer I know (me) noticed a huge difference going from the usual tracker / indy style to precision...

yes except mine is set up with an Indy215 in the back and a Randal 180 in the front, rolling on White Hotspots. It's a fun general purpose board that works well on hills. I don't skate it enough because I have other more specialized boards that do what this boards does only better.