Note to New Members ×

Suggestions on a new board

Guest Jack1080

Guest Jack1080

Hey guys/girls,

Was thinking about buying a new board and just wanted some advice on size and type. Im 6'2" and 210lbs. Currently have a 166 Rossi GS Race board and a 157 Burton Alp SL board. I know the 157 is a too short for me and that is why I wanted to get rid of it. I used to race USCSA but am moving out west to Lake Tahoe this coming december. I have a friend with a Volkyl 173 GS that almost brand new. I'm gonna try it out next weekend. What are some other boards I might want to take a look at. Thanks

Jack1080

Originally posted by Jack1080

Hey guys/girls,

Was thinking about buying a new board and just wanted some advice on size and type. Im 6'2" and 210lbs. Currently have a 166 Rossi GS Race board and a 157 Burton Alp SL board. I know the 157 is a too short for me and that is why I wanted to get rid of it. I used to race USCSA but am moving out west to Lake Tahoe this coming december. I have a friend with a Volkyl 173 GS that almost brand new. I'm gonna try it out next weekend. What are some other boards I might want to take a look at. Thanks

Jack1080

You'll love the 173 Volkl but after you try that try its big brother- the 178 GS - I ride both of these and learned on the 173 and ride the 178 most of the time. I am about you same size BTW.

Guest Jack1080

I can't wait to try it out. I'm in the process of trying to sell both my current carving boards. I want to up grade to something new. What about a good slalom board maybe a little shorter. Any thoughts on that.

Originally posted by Jack1080

I can't wait to try it out. I'm in the process of trying to sell both my current carving boards. I want to up grade to something new. What about a good slalom board maybe a little shorter. Any thoughts on that.

My thought on your slalom board is try the Volkl 163 - I had one for a while and found it too quick turning for my preference but also an excellent board. Lot of guys ride them and love them - I am more of a GS 178ish fan. Maybe back east in the ice and lots of people a SL board would be great. :)