Note to New Members ×

Killington May 6th Closing day ..Roadtrip ?

Dave ESPI

So I made a mistake, theyre "Phiokka Macho" bindings, not the PH 46-6's. I think theyre a bit smaller (thinner, not shorter), and it's said to not interfere with the board's flex pattern because if the small, low-profile design. The gasket underneath is said to be rather stiff, but the bindings themselves are in-between burton and catek stiffness, so no worries i guess. Ive been riding them on my soft longboard for a while with no problems, so they should be good for you!:biggthump

Anybody else tagging along? and when would you like me to meet up? Is 7 at your place good?

In the northeast.... If the snow is softer than the bindings.......... you've got problems !

:lol:

POW, figure on comming Sat night and staying here if you want. It will save you an hour or so travel time and not needing to wake up at the crack ass of dawn to get to Albany before heading up.

I called Hanz from out in Mass, but no response back yet. I'll send Bill a PM and perhaps another rider.

Went to Killington Mountain with POW. ....for the last day of eastcoast riding. Killington Mountain had 9 trails open. We tried the carve boards and hardboots on the first run we took, nut the snow was impossible to carve in as it was the consistency of a SNO_CONE... all we needed to add was the flavored syrup. We all griped a bit, but learned very quickly how to utelize the snow to our advantage* and had a blast.... Anyone who ONLY rides in hardboots is insane, and we were more than glad we brought the soft setups and rockboards.

By 11:00 it was entirely a mogul field from all the skiers making piles of the soft corn-grain sized icy snow chunks on the main run under the lift, so us boarders really had a workout !

By the mid afternoon some of the side trails had been skied off in patches and we were finaly able to make some headway speed and not worry about moguls as much. A fun day all in all as to be going out in MAY is just awesome in of it's own right smile.gif

Well, I guess that it being a perfectly sunny day, and no one comming back injured or broken, we would do it all over again :)

* Went back to the car for soft boots and the big wide planks :D

2004958577202918944_rs.jpg

Dave (DaveESPI), Pete, Steve(POW), Csheiza

<!-- / message -->

Hey Dave, awesome day! I was a bit upset that it wasnt carvable, but I still had a blast, would love to do it again next season. Our skiier friends liked it too! Nice picture... I look a little doofy, all squinty-eyed and everything. Ohh well, I look wierder in a helmet anyway:freak3: :lol:

Ohh, and the girl's name was Leonie, but I might have spelled it wrong:p