Note to New Members ×

Windham 11/28 - 11/30

Guest MOFO

Ski Windham is about 20 minutes from Exit 21 of the NY Thruway, near Hunter Mtn. Check them out at http://www.skiwindham.com/

I prefer Windham to Hunter for a few reasons.

1. Fewer crowds because it's about 20 minutes further away.

2. Grooming is phenomenal. They really pay attention to detail, and the level from one groomer pass is the same as the next. (Hunter has seams as high as curbs between groomer passes sometimes.)

3. Trails are laid out in a way that avoids a lot of multiple trail intersections, and most have a steady pitch down the fall line. (Hunter has a huge open space in the middle of the hill where a lot of trails come together and then go out again - on weekends it can feel like driving in Times Square)

If you like bumps, Hunter's great. They also have a cool Speed Weekend event in February that is a great time on a race board, mtn bike, shovel or anything else you want to ride. No gates, just a speed trap.

If you're driving up from Pittsburg, you may want to try Plattekill. I've never been there, but I've heard good things about the place.

Think Snow,

MT

a week ago windham looked like it would be open by now... but it looks bleak now. no snowmaking weather within the next 10 days. maybe the weekend of december 5-7 would be better. let me know if anyone is interested. the cave motel is only $75 a night... check windhhams website for a number...

jeremy