Note to New Members ×

Base Grind Pattern??

Blackbird

Hey Guys,

Just bought another board...

It's a Factory Prime 178-200s not sure on the year but its a black topsheet with a lime green patch around the nose. I'm thinking 2001-2002???

All for $102.50 AUD here on Ebay Aus!!!! Bargain!!!!

It's in really good condition too...

It's used for maybe 4-5 days max and still has plenty of camber (about 11mm) stiff as all hell but my question is about the grind pattern that was used on the base

I've never seen this pattern used (come to think of it I've never seen a stone grinder here in Australia!!!!)

Here are some pics.... so if anyone recognises it (and knows the year model)please let me know cos I'm curious......

Sorry for the low res pics but figured taking a pic of the nose protector would show the pattern better!

Thanks

Steve

post-3368-141842232201_thumb.jpg

post-3368-141842232202_thumb.jpg

Standard cross hatch pattern, Good for all around riding, allows the water to not make suction. Just use a good brush after waxing to remove the wax from the structure.

No need to change it. should last for a while if you maintain the board.

Standard cross hatch pattern, Good for all around riding, allows the water to not make suction. Just use a good brush after waxing to remove the wax from the structure.

No need to change it. should last for a while if you maintain the board.

Cheers Billy!

Yeah it needs a brush!!!:biggthump

A pleasure doing business with you Blackbird. I only paid $180 AUD for it myself on E-bay and right now I need every $102.50 I can get to pay off my credit card bill for my shiny new TD2s :biggthump which just arrived as I was typing this post. Thank you Michelle !

I assume that the base was done in CO. The guy I bought it from said he bought it in CO.

You know after I sold it I realized the old Catek World Cups I had lying around would fit Burton inserts :smashfrea Oh well....

Hey Guys,

Just bought another board...

It's a Factory Prime 178-200s not sure on the year but its a black topsheet with a lime green patch around the nose. I'm thinking 2001-2002???

All for $102.50 AUD here on Ebay Aus!!!! Bargain!!!!

It's in really good condition too...

It's used for maybe 4-5 days max and still has plenty of camber (about 11mm) stiff as all hell but my question is about the grind pattern that was used on the base

I've never seen this pattern used (come to think of it I've never seen a stone grinder here in Australia!!!!)

Here are some pics.... so if anyone recognises it (and knows the year model)please let me know cos I'm curious......

Sorry for the low res pics but figured taking a pic of the nose protector would show the pattern better!

Thanks

Steve

A pleasure doing business with you Blackbird. I only paid $180 AUD for it myself on E-bay and right now I need every $102.50 I can get to pay off my credit card bill for my shiny new TD2s :biggthump which just arrived as I was typing this post. Thank you Michelle !

I assume that the base was done in CO. The guy I bought it from said he bought it in CO.

You know after I sold it I realized the old Catek World Cups I had lying around would fit Burton inserts :smashfrea Oh well....

The pleasure was all mine.... the tiny nicks in the topsheet came out with a little light filing and she looks brand new now!!!

Can't wait to rail this one.... It's one stiff mother too.... stiffer than the R-17!!!

It's gonna be a blast for sure.... If I can stay away from killing innocent people on the mountains!!!

BTW Thanks Derf.... Complete explanation!!! Good work!!

Steve