Note to New Members ×

Oh The Irony....

It's pissin me off, I can tell you that right now.

Oh, and POOR NMU! Can't handle a little snow! Back in my day Tech NEVER had snow days. They made classes "Optional" when it was really really bad, but it was not uncommon to drive through 12 inches of snow in the morning to go to class. (The plows wouldn't even drive cause there was so much.)

edit again

Just out of curiousity, what major are you? I have a buddy who is going to be an auto mechanic (well, he is one, but he hasn't actually graditated yet) and he goes up there. Stoykovich is his name.

Late season lift ticket rate is $35

(Apr 4th)

Comments: Most of the front is still well covered for this time of year. We are expecting 6" to 12" of snow by tomorrow morning and the return of winter with below normal temperatures. Beginner skiers should be aware that with Easy Mile now closed we no longer have a beginner trail to use when riding the Green chair. For the Easter weekend we expect to have Pintail Peak open also.

http://www.nubsnob.com/nubs-conditions.html

It's pissin me off, I can tell you that right now.

Oh, and POOR NMU! Can't handle a little snow! Back in my day Tech NEVER had snow days. They made classes "Optional" when it was really really bad, but it was not uncommon to drive through 12 inches of snow in the morning to go to class. (The plows wouldn't even drive cause there was so much.)

edit again

Just out of curiousity, what major are you? I have a buddy who is going to be an auto mechanic (well, he is one, but he hasn't actually graditated yet) and he goes up there. Stoykovich is his name.

Yea, I've been hearing it from some friends at other schools.... It's not that bad here in Marquette, and I was kinda surprised they cancelled... I have no idea how bad it is west of here in Negaunee and Ispeming though... Who am I to argue if they tell me I can sleep in and bum around all day though :cool:

As for majors, I am going for a degree in Entertainment and Sports Promotion... I can't say I know your friend...

Yea, I've been hearing it from some friends at other schools.... It's not that bad here in Marquette, and I was kinda surprised they cancelled... I have no idea how bad it is west of here in Negaunee and Ispeming though... Who am I to argue if they tell me I can sleep in and bum around all day though :cool:

Yeah, usually the whole keeweenaw gets some pretty good lake effect that marquette is a little sheltered from, but they still usually get a pretty good dumping.

As for majors, I am going for a degree in Entertainment and Sports Promotion... I can't say I know your friend...

That doesn't suprise me. It may not be a LARGE school, but it's not exactly small either. He's just a very outgoing guy, so you never know.