Note to New Members ×

Old Photos

Skully

Bordy started a thread like this on the old board.

I just found this last night. The photo is kind of trashed, but you get the idea. Early '90's, M6 with Flex bindings, Quiksilver Day-Glow jacket with matching headband, Sorels with ski-boot liners... Those were the days. In fact I still have that jacket. Maybe I'll break it out for the WTC next weekend - retro day....

post-114-141842197001_thumb.jpg

Actually it was a Cruiser. The Cruise came later. Same basic board except the Cruise had a round tail like a freestyle board. The Cruiser had the old style V-notch tail.

I still remember Craig Kelly winning the overall and James Klassen winning the downhill in a rubber suit on his own board (Outland). I think Klassen went on to invent the VPP system used on the Santa Cruz (Blur and V10) and Intense Spyder Mountain Bikes. That was the also the event at which the Safari was introduced. Too bad the sims guys stomped burton that year. I went out and bought a sims blade just because that was the board that Craig Kelly rode.

-ken