Note to New Members ×

Need Moving Info

bartron

"Go west young man"

Hey all, time for me to heed to that advice. I'll be leaving Sh**town for either Vancouver or Calgary, I haven't decided yet. I'll let the work opportunities decide that for me.

I do have a few questions, though, and I could use your help:

1. what's the best way to find a decent apartment in those towns ? Search online, newspaper classifieds, or show up and walk around ? I'm looking for a n unfurnished 1 bedroom or perhaps studio, approx 550 sq.ft.

2. are fridge/stove usually supplied in the apartments ? So far, it seems like most of the apartments I've seen advertised in Calgary do.

3. Are the landlords strict about you having a job before leasing the apartment ? I would prefer to move before finding a job. Keep in mind, I am on UI.

4. Can anyone recommend a good moving company ? I've submitted my info for quotes using http://www.moveit.ca/ and others and gotten a few quotes. So now I'm trying to find out about quality. :) I need one that will take excellent care for my one, relatively expensive, one-of-a-kind original painting (see my avatar). I don't care if they damage the rest of the stuff, but not the painting. :)

I'm looking to escape by beginning of June, to avoid the grand old Montreal moving-day, not to mention the hot and humid summer.

Thanks-O-Bunch !!

'later...