Note to New Members ×

Spraying meat gates

Fleaman

All this talk of gorbs and bystanders getting hit, I noticed today I pulled some emergency carves to avoid people and can't help but wonder if the extra force sprays them with snow. No one has ever come up to me and bitched, as I have done it on many occasions (feeling really really bad). Has anyone ever experienced this? or have been confronted?

I once did a very silly thing years ago.... a friend was taking a group ski lesson with 5 others.... they were in a line facing the instructor who was about 10 metres away across the fall line from them...they were about half way down a green run after a very good snowfall the night before...

Being the reckless knuckle dragging soft booter back then (Before I saw the Light) I straightlined toward them and layed a skiddy carve between them and the instructor spraying all the students with my rooster tail..... looked back after straightening out and 4 of them had fallen over....:biggthump

Although no surprise.. the instructor wasn't impressed and had the ski patrol come after me.... He had a very stern word with me and I came soooo close to having my weekly pass pulled......

It was funny at the time but looking back it was dumb... what if I lost that edge, chattered out and slid right into these poor people......:nono:

Now.... Meaty gate practice is a different thing altogether!!!!:eplus2: