Note to New Members ×

Sunday March 18th Jiminy peak

Dave ESPI

Lets see how well the snow holds up this week, but Sunday and Monday ( yesterday) were epic and the slopes were awesome for carving the steeps.

I'd like to see if we can get a bunch of us together this comming sunday the 18th ~day after St Pattys (happyhangover morning) :nono: and go ride at Jiminy peak in Hancock mass.

We will meet at the "snowboarders meeting place" tree up to the left of the berkshire express load shack at about 10:00 am.

Hope to see a bunch of us hardbooters.

Cheers, D

I have a few 10.00 off lift pass coupons if anyone want to go, contact me in advance and I'll hook you up :)

If it gets cold fri/sat, then sunday will be awesome for sure even if it get to being like 40 degrees as it will soften up perfectly.

I'm not sure if I can get a discount on top of a discounted pass, but at the end of the season, I'm sure they will not likely say NO, so we definately can try :)

Sone trails get crappy laer in teh day one the piles build up of skied off granular "mashed potatoes", but the steeps stay fairly awesome up till like two or so int eh afternoon with 11 am being prime time for shredding.

OMG OMG OMG pow pow !

Just talked with another buddy, and he said the fresh powder today is amazing ! :1luvu:

I'm going Sat, Sun and Mon. Be ont he look out for me in my blue helmet and Jiminy coat. I'm swapping the hadboots to my powder board tomorrow, but will be back on my carver for sun and mon once they groom the trails out.

Sunday should be good. The new snow was nice, but the skiers lumped it up so it was like a mogul field by the end of the day. I'll be up at the "snowboarders meeting place" tree at the left of the berkshire express (the "6 pack") lift just about every hour on the hour.

Hope to see some us there :)

Was great to ride with a few people, and see some familliar faces !

Saddly we all didn't meet up at the same times,

Hardbooters who were ont he mountain today: not all are members here though,

Vaghn,

Hanz,

(Forum members below)

Bill,

DaveESPI,

POW,

Cail,

And one more person who I saw, but didn't get to ride with, or find out if he just happened to be there with a hardboot setup.

Alltogether, the day was nice, but a tad windy. The normal carvers we have got hung up after a few miserable runs, and out came the wide powder boards.

The snow was really nice in some places and at the end of the day it actualy packed down nice enough to get a few nice turns in, but most of us were already tired from fighting in the powder and avoiding the mogul piles. As usual, the best carveable surfaces were the turrain park bottom hill and the 360. I wish it was just a bit smoother all over the rest of the mountain, but we all had fun.

Pic of Bill, Dave and Collin(cail)

2002263799820001132_rs.jpg

Lets hope for another day before the first of April with some seriously good trenching in soft spring snow :D

it was great seeing some other alpiners for a change . I didnt mind the noncarving conditions as I am an old powder hound from colorado. My 11yr old decided she loved the real snow , I couldnt keep her out of the sides or the woods looking for untracked. We found it in the freestyle area of the grand slam . Maybe next time you guys could show me how to really carve. see you guys again, bill b